Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
I believe this to be my first post regarding Hawaiian shirts.

I just bought one, yet to arrive from Bangkok. It's a Reyn Spooner and I think I'll love this shirt.

guitarhawaii01.jpg guitarhawaii02.jpg guitarhawaii03.jpg

What do the board think?

Pablo

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
And this shirt, bought new from "Karnakula" (Indonesian made Viscose material), is my birthday present from my kids. Great before I go to France and Spain on holiday. I've always appreciated discretion...

Karnakula Lima Red.jpg

Pablo

Excellent shirts Pablo! The vibrant colors of the Karnakula are great, and that guitar shirt is way cool. Great graphics.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
The spirit in which they are worn is more important that what we think Pablo, as long as you enjoy wearing them is all that matters. I think they are both nice prints, you'll stand out from the crowds.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Thank you all!
Indeed, vibrant colours, electric guitars...anything but the usual black and grey many older people -for some reason their own, which I respect- tend to wear. BTW, these shirts go well with my toquilla hats, the common link must be ...summer. We've been having a good one, this year!

Pablo

Nice one. Most unusual background color. I see some inspiration for your artwork in that shirt. Or you inspired the shirt maker.

Thanks guys.
Bama, definitely a lot of what inspires me going on with this one.

Mike, it's silk, real thin stuff like the Avanti shirts. It's made by a brand called Coupe De Lux. I googled 'em and came up with nothing. (This was an ebay find)
29a10869d68d8645fb0d4a9895873933.jpg

Gotta love how the label clarifies "designed in USA". The shirt itself, of course, was manufactured in China. I guess since that's where the silkworms grow, it's no big surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ