Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

Nothing less than SPECTACULAR, GHT!!

Please tell Mrs. GHT that I always check this thread when I see you've posted, looking forward to seeing her handywork.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Your kind comments have been duly passed on kind Sir, thank you.
You ought to see the outfit that she made herself for New Year's Eve.
It should go into the: Ladies, show us what you made thread, but I'm
not allowed in The Powder Room.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In the This or That thread, Stearmen wrote: "Honda RC174 Six or Benelli 750 Sei? " Last time I owned a two wheeler seems like an age ago. It was a Harley Heritage Springer, and as one biker friend said at the time: "That's not a bike, that's a chromium plated, kerb crawling, skirt magnet. He probably had a point, I always did dress differently to the biking fraternity. Here, and I'm spoilt for choice of threads on this, is my, as the same biker friend described, poseur's leather jacket, with my biker's shirt. Not quite Hawaiian, but if you can imagine the motorbikes as floral you'll be halfway there.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
If ever there was a song that could be my signature tune it would have to be Dean Martin. Shame there's not a version of this that uses European references. It wouldn't work of course, but there are some wonderful and famous wines throughout Europe, my favourite region being France.

Coldest day of the winter so far, so perfectly fitting that this new (to me) DaVinci should show up in the mailbox.
119ff49aeb34f2cfb9599f56e3c22ae9.jpg

While not technically Hawaiian, I am loving the abstract pattern that looks like some atomic age curtains.
43345f34246f9862b921fe28071dfbfc.jpg

32878c080b3ae092aba4bcc86fdc9679.jpg

Can't wait for the weather to get a little warmer.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Coldest day of the winter so far, so perfectly fitting that this new (to me) DaVinci should show up in the mailbox.

While not technically Hawaiian, I am loving the abstract pattern that looks like some atomic age curtains.

Cuz, it makes me long for the season.

GHT

I'll Lock Up

That shirt is A-MAZ-ING! I love it, love it, love it. Don't wait for the warmer weather, a snug, heavy cotton T-shirt underneath and warmly lined leather on top, go out, show off that great shirt.
I've got a couple more on the cutting table, which I'll share with you later. There's another project in the pipeline at present.

Thanks GHT and Charlie!

GHT, I am a big proponent of the Hawaiian shirt/leather jacket combo. I also recently acquired a nice 50s era sportcoat in my size that it'll pair nicely with, so no worries - this baby won't be hanging around waiting for summer.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey, guys, I live in South Florida, and when I got up this morning at 4:25am (my usual time) it was 49 degrees. To us, that's like -5 to you northerners up in Georgia and Alabama.

Aloha Ted

New in Town
Being new around here, I've been looking at some of the back pages of this thread. Wow, you blokes have got some beautiful shirts, clever wives and a lot of taste to boot.
What do you think of this mid-century design? (dh66, this is a Coup de Lux, the same brand as yours, but a different design. Like you, I was thrilled with the design but couldn't find anything out on the net about the label)
IMG_0626.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana