Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

Wow!! That one is a real beauty Aloha Ted! I dig it!! . I'm really feeling that green color. Wish I could find out the dl on coupe deluxe. Would love to have a couple more.

Get those cowboy boots posted up soon bro.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Aloha Ted, welcome to The Lounge. A moment ago, as I was looking at your shirt, my wife had a peep over my shoulder. "The pocket and panels don't line up," she said, rather dismissively. "But the fabric is fabulous," I sort of pleaded. "Maybe so," she agreed, but don't go getting any ideas. She's gone now, but she likes it really.
Good to have an Aussie on board, we can compare notes on Rugby & Cricket, and baffle the Americans. But don't go on about Aussie Rules, that game perplexes me as much as American Football.

Aloha Ted

New in Town
Thanks everyone for your kind words and welcome. I have to apologise for the pretty average quality of my photographs. I'll try and post some better pics of other shirts I've got soon, if I can figure out how to reduce their size (the pictures, that is!). Otherwise I'll have to get my wife or daughter to help me, as usual.
GHT, I'm on a quest now to show your wife a really nice shirt, one of several I bought when I was living in Japan, but I'll have to find it, iron it and photograph it first. Meanwhile, I'd better go back to bed. It's 2:16 a.m. here, very warm (about 25 degrees C) and currently raining-in fact the heavy rain woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep, which is why I'm online at such an ungodly hour!.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Some years ago, we went to a wonderful show up in Glasgow. The date being the fourth of July, it was themed around the end of prohibition Americana. My zoot suit, matched with a fedora and correspondent shoes, would have been a classic 'gangster' look, but I like my zoot suit and don't like wearing it as some sort of pastiche. So, my creative lady came up with a stars and stripes idea. She made a plain red shirt with a cut away style collar, so that it created a lapel when worn open, she then made a waistcoat/vest with stars at the front and stripes to the rear. Worn with white pants, it was a sensation. Not something you would wear every day, but her creative skill gave me a unique outfit for an Americana function and, a plain red shirt that can be worn for almost any occasion.

They are still out there in the thrifts. I could have worn this one over the weekend as it got above 70. Not sure how it would look with bib-front overalls though -- probably OK.

24761355475_df383c9de6_z.jpg

24643496272_16fe3aa66c_z.jpg

24134501153_1df335a14d_z.jpg

Bob, I feel pretty confident that if there was anybody out there who could make that work....it'd be you. I say go with it!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Our nights are currently cold and very frosty, but the mornings are lovely, a crisp cold winter sun, makes me think of warmer sunshine and flowery shirts. You can tell I'm retired, with nothing better to do on this cold morning, I photographed some of my shirt collection, anticipating the weather to wear them without a jacket.
All of these have a floral or Hawaiian theme:

These all have some sort of topical theme:

The theme for these is travel:

And you can't have an Aloha shirt without Polynesian beauties draped over it.

This is where all that work took place: Her work cabin, what an investment that's turned out to be:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Been a long winter and despite an OCD watch on eBay, nothing screamed "buy me!". So inspired by the shirt Che and gamez32 own, I went to Avanti's site and found the very shirt on sale. It's called "Little Hula". Despite the sale price it was still big bucks with shipping from Hawaii. Nevertheless it satisfied a serious jones. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Typical for the Avanti repops, matching pocket, coconut buttons, made of silk and in China

Still too cool to wear though I did sneak one in last Sat

Last edited:
Nice one Mike!! Wear it with pride, bro. I've been trying to steer clear of their website myself.......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Been a long winter and despite an OCD watch on eBay, nothing screamed "buy me!". So inspired by the shirt Che and gamez32 own, I went to Avanti's site and found the very shirt on sale. It's called "Little Hula". Despite the sale price it was still big bucks with shipping from Hawaii. Nevertheless it satisfied a serious jones. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Typical for the Avanti repops, matching pocket, coconut buttons, made of silk and in China

Still too cool to wear though I did sneak one in last Sat
Wow! That one is sweeeeeet, Mike!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Dale, Tiki Tom, and Harv. There are a couple new fishy designs on the Avanti site I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist in the future.

Tiki Tom, thanks for the "Savers" tip. I could probably spend an entire vacation in Hawaii scouring the local thrifts. It's been way too long since we've been there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21