Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Finally the weather has turned
4166d0d9fd7a8e5f884bc7c2c686c013.jpg
3ffd61e808105a462ea8999e3c248050.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Back to school for me today, I spent eight hours, bored out of my box, doing what's known as a module. It's a refresher course that covers all the legal driving hours that truck drivers are permitted to do. It also covers all the safety aspects and the most regular infringements like overloading. I had done it before but back in my day there wasn't the distraction of phones, two way radios, satnavs or onboard computer screens.
My shirt and hat came in for some teasing. The late George Melly was a popular jazz singer, broadcaster, raconteur, wit and lover of the fedora.
george melly.jpg
Hey George, was the not too original remark of one of my classmates. Mind you, he was impressed that I was a fan of George, told him that I took his remark as a compliment. But the shirt kept getting remarks like, dodgy. The pants with turned up cuffs and the two tone shoes came in for some teasing too. Hey-ho, who cares?
aloha 037.JPG

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Finally the weather has turned
4166d0d9fd7a8e5f884bc7c2c686c013.jpg
3ffd61e808105a462ea8999e3c248050.jpg

Looking good Harv!

Back to school for me today, I spent eight hours, bored out of my box, doing what's known as a module. It's a refresher course that covers all the legal driving hours that truck drivers are permitted to do. It also covers all the safety aspects and the most regular infringements like overloading. I had done it before but back in my day there wasn't the distraction of phones, two way radios, satnavs or onboard computer screens.
My shirt and hat came in for some teasing. The late George Melly was a popular jazz singer, broadcaster, raconteur, wit and lover of the fedora.
View attachment 73876
Hey George, was the not too original remark of one of my classmates. Mind you, he was impressed that I was a fan of George, told him that I took his remark as a compliment. But the shirt kept getting remarks like, dodgy. The pants with turned up cuffs and the two tone shoes came in for some teasing too. Hey-ho, who cares?
View attachment 73877

GHT, you look great alk the time! Those shirts your wife makes are simply awesome!

View attachment 73876
View attachment 73877
Sticks and Stones are implements of the feeble minded.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sticks and Stones are implements of the feeble minded.
Now that is a saying that's worthy of note. I shall commit it to memory and draw upon it whenever some moron thinks that their insulting remark is funny. Only problem is, the feeble minded are usually of an intellect that excludes them from understanding the definition of feeble minded.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We have friends from London calling today, there's a classic car show in nearby Burley that we are taking them to. Afterwards we shall enjoy Sunday lunch together at a rather good gastropub called The Old Beams. Tina, as always, is still getting ready, leaving me to make sure the MG looks it's best. A recycled photo, but this today's attire for me, how I love this shirt.
aloha 41.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Tina has made me just the pair of trousers for an Hawaiian shirt/Fedora hat combo. 1930's Oxfords, bags of room, (in their day they were known as baggies.) Esther is making a straw hat to both wear on a hotter day and to compliment Tina's talent.

View attachment 76147 View attachment 76148

The trousers are superb.

Any way she could be persuaded to make a pattern that can be sent snail mail? {wink wink nudge nudge}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points