Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments Guys, you are, as ever, generous to a fault. The MG shirt will get another airing today, we are dining out at The Old Beams and then onto Breamore House, for a gathering of classic MG's.
We are in a bit of a rush so I'm recycling and old photo. This outfit, but with the MG shirt. The MG owners haven't seen it and we are actually gatecrashing their event. Well not exactly, Breamore House is a stately home, their tea rooms are open to the public, that's where we shall be. The MG's will gather on the lawns in front of the main house, but they have to wander down to the tea rooms if they want refreshment. And their they will see our old lady.
hats 070.jpg j-o-q.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Without exception, this shirt will always draw a compliment, well a remark, like: "Can't really miss you in that shirt." It's loud and that's how I wear it, loud & proud.
There isn't a shirt in my collection that I haven't approved of because Tina always shows me a sample of the material. When she saw this fabric she said that she knew, instinctively, that I would love it. She was dead right.
aloha 109.JPG shirts 133.JPG

Without exception, this shirt will always draw a compliment, well a remark, like: "Can't really miss you in that shirt." It's loud and that's how I wear it, loud & proud.
There isn't a shirt in my collection that I haven't approved of because Tina always shows me a sample of the material. When she saw this fabric she said that she knew, instinctively, that I would love it. She was dead right.
View attachment 80717 View attachment 80718
Wow! one of my favorites! Love the colors.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
bluesforchallah that is a stonking good shirt, I love colours that are loud & proud, well done you.
We are off to this gig shortly,
roaring 40's.jpg
So sorry there won't be time to photo the finished look. But, it is the first chance to team up the shirt with the hat and the trousers, can you put it all together?
hats 002.JPG The shirt.
hats 001.JPG The hat.
trousers.jpg The trousers.
bicycle.JPG The outfit. (minus the collar & tie.)

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
The good lady likes me to wear this shirt, the weather, being a mixed bag, might mean that John B's finest will have to come off and one of Esther's straw's go on. You can see the result just by scrolling up.
View attachment 81302

Always a treat to see your chosen attire, GHT!

It's casual Friday again
a1fc9dc0d3c00a2ff6a78bead6ddb006.jpg

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light, causal and cool with that VS Johnny!

I matched my new modern Stetson Milan in Sand with one of my favorite Hawaiian shirts: Woodys 'n' Surf Boards!

i-QvdkRXj-X3.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's casual Friday again
a1fc9dc0d3c00a2ff6a78bead6ddb006.jpg

Johnny
Casual it may be, but when you put the ensemble together with a bit of thought, as you have, it comes across as crisp, smart and cool, seriously.

Always a treat to see your chosen attire, GHT!
I matched my new modern Stetson Milan in Sand with one of my favorite Hawaiian shirts: Woodys 'n' Surf Boards!
i-QvdkRXj-X3.jpg
Favourite Hawaiian? It's one of the best ever. How I love it.

Look who got spotted at the SummerTime Swing Festival.
STS.png

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
bluesforchallah that is a stonking good shirt, I love colours that are loud & proud, well done you.
We are off to this gig shortly,
View attachment 81206
So sorry there won't be time to photo the finished look. But, it is the first chance to team up the shirt with the hat and the trousers, can you put it all together?
View attachment 81213 The shirt.
View attachment 81214 The hat.
View attachment 81215 The trousers.
View attachment 81218 The outfit. (minus the collar & tie.)

I missed that gig, looks like a lot of fun. I used to Lindy hop but now can barely manage a dad fusion salsa Lindy hop dance with my daughter but she likes being twirled.

Love your outfit, awesome.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my Magnum PI aloha shirt, felt resistol xxx kitten-finish fedora and a bouquette of freshly sharpened number two pencils.
View attachment 82586 View attachment 82585
Looking good Samuel, I must share an anecdote with you. Your bouquet of pencils reminded me of our local Chinese take=away restaurant. The young lady at the counter has always got a bunch of pens growing out of her hair. I might ask her next time if she would agree to being photographed. She wears her hair tied up and without any pockets, has nowhere to put her pens. The curious thing is though, whether she takes orders over the counter or the phone, she taps them straight into the touchscreen, negating the need of a pen.
It's Friday again
02130861854d27057f908411595d383c.jpg

Johnny
Fabulous, you must let us have a clearer shot of that fine shirt.

The shirt that I wore to Summertime Swing has a new admirer. A retired police officer, a genial fellow, who threw a fabulous retirement party. He quietly let slip to his partner that he really loved my shirt. So, Alison, his partner, let my wife,Tina, know. And Tina can never resist surprising our friends. She bought three and a half yards of the same patterned material but in blue. It's not finished yet but here's a couple of shots of a work in progress. The first is the front of the shirt, the black fabric is called inter facing, it stiffens the lapel part of the shirt. It also gives the buttons strong support and the button holes too. In the second photo, I folded back the inter facing for you to see her work around the breast pocket. You can see all the care she takes at matching the pattern. You can also see the fabric detail. It's looking good.
gary's aloha shirt 001.JPG
gary's aloha shirt 002.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21