Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

The senorita shirt is top shelf GHT!!

Eric that's a fine looking shirt. Great pattern and colors and has a vintage look even if it's not. I totally understand your hesitance to overuse the rarer ones. There's a lot to be said for modern wash and wear.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The senorita shirt is top shelf GHT!!
Praise indeed, I am flattered.
There's something about sunny days and straw hats. One of my straws is this, arguably, trilby. My wife hates it, she says it looks like something sold on a beach stall, that a non hat wearer might buy on impulse:
trilby.jpg

So for the sake of the peace, it rarely gets an airing. My wife, however, absolutely loves the Biltmore and to be fair, so do I. She argues that it's a hat wearer's hat, (whatever that means.) It was expensive but such good value. I think that both hats, compliment the shirts that she makes me, perfectly. But I know when to compliment her and when to shut up.
aloha 019.JPG

As yet, she hasn't expressed an opinion on the Optimo, my cricket hat, perhaps the jury is still out. She doesn't know how much it cost either! Is there a dedicated thread for Montecristi hats?
optimo.png

Nice ones GHT. I'm partial to the stingy brims myself, so I like the one in the top pic. I also really like that Rte.66 pattern. Of course, the purple shirt in the bottom photo is pretty swank, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Grateful thanks, goodness, that thread has been dormant for nine years yet you found it just like that, I'm impressed. I see that you are from Alabama. I love the slow drawl of the Alabama accent, we were having a great meal in some restaurant where the waiter took five minutes to ask if we wanted wine. it was the emphasis on the word wine. I love it.

GHT, you're welcome. Yes, we're world renowned for turning a single syllable word into multi syllable ones.

I had a great aunt who spent twenty five years in the UK teaching children on US military bases. She would return to the states every summer and Christmas holiday. She acquired the "English" accent while there. Combine that with the southern drawl and it would take me a bit to understand her when we visited.

GHT, you're welcome. Yes, we're world renowned for turning a single syllable word into multi syllable ones.

I had a great aunt who spent twenty five years in the UK teaching children on US military bases. She would return to the states every summer and Christmas holiday. She acquired the "English" accent while there. Combine that with the southern drawl and it would take me a bit to understand her when we visited.

That's just Irish. :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The shirt depicts bamboo plants although I've been told more than once that it looks a lot like the cannabis plant. Well I don't know about that, but the only addictive thing about this picture is the fabulous, Belgian made hat. Just can't get over the novelty of it.
aloha 018.JPG

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thank you fellas, hopefully the weather in my native NW will catch up with our southern neighbors soon. I got a chance to exercise 3 Alohas while on the road but still waiting for prevailing warmth to flow up here

Typically, Memorial Day weekend kicks off Aloha Fridays here at the office. I'll have to wait until then to wear them into work, but will likely be breaking a few out soon for non-office hours if the weather stays nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points