Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heard of Baroni?

Ryan

Familiar Face
I'm in the mood for a new suit. I prefer DB and I really like the SB peak lapel look but the suits in the Dept stores are the typical 2 or 3 button SB w/ notch lapels. I've been looking around and read a review on askandy.com. He gave a good review on a suit called Baroni. I noticed they come in DB AND SB peak lapels. Plus I saw some have wide leg pant options. But I've never heard of them so I thought I ask to see if anyone here does.
Here's a link to the seller from Andy's site.

Please no ebay links -- Matt

Any opinions, comments, thoughts?

We carry the line in our shop, and I have have worn and sold them for around 3 years now. For off-the-peg, it's a heck of a lot of suit for the money. I have 3 or 4 by them. The fabrics are nice, the construction is decent, the fit is nice, and the presentation is very tasteful. Just remember what you're getting, though -- it's a ready-made garment. But on the whole, it's a darn good product.

Of our ready-made lines, it's my favorite. The only thing I like better, of course, is our bespoke custom work.

The models the seller you posted has up are the company's in-stock and previous season/year models. Not a bad selection, and a really good price. In fact, he's not making all that much per garment! (The dreams of no overhead! lol). They do offer some less boring models and fabrics, though. I have a couple of really tasteful pinstripes (I call them my London Banker suits), and they have a good, clean, prohibition-esque look.

If you have any specific questions about the line, let me know. I'll get some picks up of some I have in my collection soon.

Slicedbread: From my understanding of what the company says, the canvasing for both the Asian & Italian models are full floating half canvas chest pieces, with no fusing. This is a really big deal. Couple that with details such as pick-stitched lapels and pockets, and you have a darn well made garment.

To answer your question Matt, I'm currently Director of Retail Operations at 319 Men, a high-end Charleston clothier and haberdashery. I am also co-founder and General Manager for CharlestonBows.Com, purveyors of the finest silk neckwear, and home to the very best bows on the planet. ;)

I'm also a third year law student, lol .

CharlestonBows said:
Slicedbread: From my understanding of what the company says, the canvasing for both the Asian & Italian models are full floating half canvas chest pieces, with no fusing.

It seems Andy had the same findings! Just keep in mind, it's not Oxxford. It's not Kiton. It's a very nice, ready-to-wear.

Orgetorix said:
CB, you sound like a busy man.

I do what I can, lol. I'm just an addict like everyone else around here - I just happen to have a sweet-tooth while working at Wonkas!

Ryan

Familiar Face
Thank you for your thoughts. I'm tempted to try this suit for the price. I'm one that likes the best bang for the buck. When I think about it, I can buy another Hugo Boss on sale and it'll fit good. When I think about it, is it worth the price. Bought a Jack Victor from Nordstrom not long ago which fits very well. Yep, got that one on sale. The quality of that suit is what I'm not too sure about.
Never had a reason to have a suit made for me, the ones off the rack with a good tailor have always worked. Now I ponder if a discounted, previous season, 200-300 suit online is just as good as one from the department store for more. Name game? Appears that way until a point. Maybe not going somewhere and trying it on is the issue with my odd size.
Saks outlet sells Hugo Boss for under 400. Nordstrom Rack now have Jack Victors for 200. They can knock off up to 60%, makes me wonder. From what I've read so far the Baroni suit sounds like a good bang for the buck.

A note to CB, I'll check out your site to see what you have. I've also been thinking it's time that I learn to pull off a bow tie.

Copper

One of the Regulars
I picked up a Baroni 3 piece earlier this year and am very pleased with it given the money I spent for it. It seems well constructed and the fabric has a very nice hand. My tailor was very impressed as well with it for an off-the-peg, and guessed its price point considerably higher.

It isn't the finest suit I have ever seen for sure, but it does seem to represent very good value.

The Baronis are canvassed rather than fused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points