Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help 'dating' these furniture pieces please.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello,

I've moved to a new (bigger) apartment and have acquired some pieces that I was wondering if someone out there could help me 'date'. I would like to do most of my apartment in Edwardian-1920s style (and even later 19th c. too - 1890s). Thanks for any information.

024.JPG

007.JPG

(I know this isn't the best photograph of the table set - I can take more photos if need be.)

014.JPG

(My guess on this small end table is that it's a modern piece that looks vintage - it has a 'Basset's' stamp inside the drawer.)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The drawer case piece is what you're after. That's probably 20's-30's, judging from the single photo. Without seeing construction, possible markings, etc., it's impossible to say.
The dining set can't be identified from that image.
The side table is just as you describe. Probably 70s or 80s.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
The drawer case piece is what you're after. That's probably 20's-30's, judging from the single photo. Without seeing construction, possible markings, etc., it's impossible to say.
The dining set can't be identified from that image.
The side table is just as you describe. Probably 70s or 80s.

Ok thanks - I'll get more photos of the table set.

It's been hard to find good images of 1920s bedrooms as that is the only place that needs decorating (all of the other rooms have decor - the living room just needs a sofa). I still have to find a bed frame (I want it to be dark wood to match the table and dresser) - but not sure if I'll be able to find one.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The chairs could be anything, but are pretty modern.

The table is interesting, however. I don't know that is easily pegged as to date when it was made, but I wonder if there are any labels or markings on the underside? It almost looks like someone's serious woodworking project. The style is certainly Arts & Crafts with the through tenon and etc. But those arched/curved legs kind of throw things.

Neat stuff.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
The chairs could be anything, but are pretty modern.

The table is interesting, however. I don't know that is easily pegged as to date when it was made, but I wonder if there are any labels or markings on the underside? It almost looks like someone's serious woodworking project. The style is certainly Arts & Crafts with the through tenon and etc. But those arched/curved legs kind of throw things.

Neat stuff.

I'd have to take a look, but I don't recall seeing anything off-hand...I simply fell in love with it when I saw it (it was the right size and color and style). The photos really don't do much justice for the table...as the top has a sort of pattern put 'in' it - it's not just one or two pieces of wood to make the top - there's all the same sort of wood but laid out in a pattern on both sides. I could try to get a picture of it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk