Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Finding a Hat Shop/Gatlinburg, TN

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
I'm getting married saturday. Honeymoon is in Gatlinburg, TN and I was wondering if any of you vacationing southerners know of a decent hat shop. I've found Ole Smokey Toppers/Smokey Mountain Hat Co. but I suspect it will be more leather working than felt hats. So, anyone have any info on this hat shop or any other hat shops in the area?

If this thread would be better served in the Observation Lounge, bump it, bartenders.

thanks much.
Gabe.:cool2:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MississippiLong said:
I'm getting married saturday. Honeymoon is in Gatlinburg, TN and I was wondering if any of you vacationing southerners know of a decent hat shop. I've found Ole Smokey Toppers/Smokey Mountain Hat Co. but I suspect it will be more leather working than felt hats. So, anyone have any info on this hat shop or any other hat shops in the area?

If this thread would be better served in the Observation Lounge, bump it, bartenders.

thanks much.
Gabe.:cool2:

Mississippi, I fear that you may be SOL. I am here in the cosmopolitan town of Knoxville and to my knowledge the closest hats stores to here are Batsakes in Cinci, Shushans in N'awlins & one in Charleston whose' name eludes me just now. You may find some tack/western shops here but they are strictly for the tourist trade (i.e. a rip-off). My suggestion would be to hit as many antique stores as possible, they are thick up here and I have made some super finds; NOS lids for eight or ten bucks. Go up on the plateau near Clarkesville & Cookville. And while not hat related The Arrowcraft Guild across from the aquarium is a great place to get real local handicrafts as is the "craftsman's loop" by car.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Congratulations on the wedding, but all of the above posts are true - no hat stores. There is a Wormser store in downtown Chattanooga selling hatco products, but that is as close as you will get to a hat store.

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
thanks gentlemen, (on the congratulations and the hat shop info). I doubt I'll convince the lady to go hat shopping too far out of the area, but there are better things to do on a honeymoon I suppose.

Thanks again,

gabe.

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
The only hats I've seen in G'burg, besides baseball caps, were more of the outback style hats, mostly in leather. Though I did get a nice oilcloth outback style Henschel hat at one of the stores on the strip a couple of years ago.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I hope you'll be able to find something to fill the time since you won't be hat shopping! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points