Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identify Schott jacket?

veesixty

New in Town

New jacket inbound from ebay and would appreciate any advice on model. It was advertised as "vintage highwayman".
Seems to me to be a predecessor to the weekend casual pebbled hide 135?

Main differences I see being the lack of a quilted lining, lighter oz leather, (older?) oval brass side buckles and an Ideal zip.
Not totally sure from the low res pics but I dont think it has a swing back?
Also in the second to last pic do I spy slit pockets?

Anyone able to identify this style by model number and year?

Lastly, where are you guys on so the wrinkles? Would you soak it in the hope of smoothing them or wear its history proud?

Much appreciated hide hounds:)

Last edited:
Don't know about the model. Why don't you ask over at Schott forum, Gail is always there to quickly help out with the model ID, year it was made, type of hide, etc.

The wrinkles are not nice at all. The jacket was stored inside a bag, squashed with tons of other clothes... Many jackets like that on the Bay. That's the Penny Bizarre seller, right? You can't really do much to get rid of the wrinkles at this point, other than wear it for a long time... Soaking wouldn't do much in any case.

veesixty

New in Town
Don't know about the model. Why don't you ask over at Schott forum, Gail is always there to quickly help out with the model ID, year it was made, type of hide, etc.

The wrinkles are not nice at all. The jacket was stored inside a bag, squashed with tons of other clothes... Many jackets like that on the Bay. That's the Penny Bizarre seller, right? You can't really do much to get rid of the wrinkles at this point, other than wear it for a long time... Soaking wouldn't do much in any case.

Hey Monitor, thanks for the advice. Just did as you suggested so hopefully Gail has some info. Thanks for the suggestion.
The wrinkles don't totally freak me out, the jacket will be used very casually but might try to minimize the worst of them. I'd read soaking might do the trick but I see Aero have a vid showing a medium heat iron being used over craft paper with the jacket below. Might give that a lash:)
The eBay seller is mintvintage66. Very recently bought a Brooks Gold Label cafe from him which I love to bits.

Even the good lady agrees it's a nice jacket.

He has a fair amount of stock it seems, a lot wrinkled as you point out!

Happy to help. :)
And yeah, I agree. The wrinkles wouldn't concern me one bit and I'm sure the jacket looks okay when you wear it, just that I've had one that was like that and couldn't really do anything to get the wrinkles out. I mean, not that I went out of my way to try but... I'd never soak the jacket because things worse than the creases might happen to it.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Careful with that Iron trick, if you do try it. If I did anything, put it in the dryer on Low heat for a bit, then wear it.
Interesting model, not sure what it is?

veesixty

New in Town
Cheers guys for the suggestions;)
Reckon I'll just give it a going over with neetsfoot/olive oil, wear the hell out of it and let the chips fall where they may:)

There is two wee pin holes (from a badge presumably) up by the zip top. Might have a go at minimising them if at all possible. Some advice online with careful application of leather glue with a toothpick and dyeing the filled holes. I'll post a before and after.

Fit wise I hope it's a tidy silhouette. It's 25ish p2p and I'm a shade under 48 so it should be snug but the cut of the back/arm looks baggy. Would've preferred a bi swing dealio as per the Brooks.
Anyone recommend something similar in style to this but with a more tailored cut? Suppose I want a cafe but with the collar. The leather bug has bit and locked on me thinks ha!

Thanks again lads!:)

Skyhawk

Vendor
Yes be careful with the iron but it does work. I have done it successfully. Try a hidden small area first. Every leather is different. Cover with paper and never put the iron directly on the leather. Go little by little at a medium temp and don't expect to get the wrinkle out in one pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112