Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying vintage trousers

willyto

One Too Many
I was in London this past week and found a pair of trousers at Rokit I believed to be of good quality and design with button fly and cuffs with belt loops. They were the only one in my size with button fly which I prefer. I bought them for 20GBP.

They have no label that I can find, they feel heavy, I haven't spot any hole, and the lining is in great shape but a bit discoloured. They are blue and black, I suppose they could be part of a suit.

I don't think the brown shoes work so well with them because of the black but just put them on so you are able to observe the fit. I'm slowly losing weight so they may end up fitting me better on the waist.

I'll try to make good pictures with my camera as soon as I can. Any shots that may help to identify the era?

IMG_7977.JPG
IMG_7978.JPG
IMG_8057.JPG
IMG_8058.JPG
IMG_8060.JPG
IMG_8061.JPG
IMG_8062.JPG

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Late 40's early 50's trousers. Tunnel-loops can often be found on Scandinavian trousers, but it could just as well be British, German or French.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The overall cut and hem looks quite narrow while the seat still retains the earlier fullness, thus more like mid 50s, I think. On top of that, with British trousers there is always a bit of leeway forward in time, since RTW was not as common there as it was in the U.S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ