Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey Worf - I have a question for ya...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Where/how do you use your holsters?

Sloan, IXL is a gunslinger who lives in the wild, wild, west (Oklahoma) here in the US of A. :lol: There is a healthy rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas, where I live, and we tend to poke one another in the ribs whenever the occasion presents itself.:D On a serious note, IXL could be a law enforcement officer. If not, both Texas and Oklahoma have concealed handgun carry permit available for state residents who have gone through thorough investigation and found to be upstanding citizens. I have no fear of harm from someone who is licensed to carry but am unable to say the same about someone who is not. Keep in mind that this is one aspect of your culture and mine that differs.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I absolutely get the difference in cultures, but I was genuinely interested in what capacity he used them - I get the impression that some people take great care with their holsters for re-enactment reasons, others just cos they like a nice holster (though the concealed thing does confuse me...)
Though Peacoat, I live in Scotland but don't carry a Claymore. One thing doesn't follow the other, you know. :D

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I absolutely get the difference in cultures, but I was genuinely interested in what capacity he used them - I get the impression that some people take great care with their holsters for re-enactment reasons, others just cos they like a nice holster (though the concealed thing does confuse me...)
Though Peacoat, I live in Scotland but don't carry a Claymore. One thing doesn't follow the other, you know. :D

Sloan, by Claymore are you referencing the M18A1 Claymore directional anti-personnel mine or the Scottish variant of the late medieval two-handed longsword?:D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, speaking of the Wild West, on a recent trip from Texas to Oklahoma, a snapped a quick pic of a well know FL member's ride. :lol:

2AE35D8C-8B3B-4FF9-914A-4BE7C5A791C2-467-00000051593197A8.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
Sloan, I am a LEO (but carried beforehand, as does just about everyone else I know. As Peacoat stated, this is Oklahoma, after all) , but the custom holsters are for off-duty carry. We take all these beautiful, expensive holsters, tuned handguns sporting wooden grips made from exotic hardwoods, and.....cover them up with an outer garment. It's heartbreaking!
I am also involved with"Cowboy Action Shooting." Our gun club has a complete old-west town, where we engage in shooting competitions while dressed in period-correct outfits. My gunbelt for this is a tooled leather 1869 Mexican twin-loop double crossdraw rig. The belt alone is about four inches wide. MY rig was handcrafted by a small shop in Laredo, Texas, who dates back to the 19th century.
As Fanch pointed out, we border Texas. Oklahomans and Texans are really just one people, mostly separated by only the Red River, but the higher-class element resides on the northern side of the water (rib poke)!
Sorry for the thread hijack.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
IXL, all kidding aside, your last post was most interesting, and I am the one who needs to apologize for the thread hijack.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, I am a LEO (but carried beforehand, as does just about everyone else I know. As Peacoat stated, this is Oklahoma, after all) , but the custom holsters are for off-duty carry. We take all these beautiful, expensive holsters, tuned handguns sporting wooden grips made from exotic hardwoods, and.....cover them up with an outer garment. It's heartbreaking!
I am also involved with"Cowboy Action Shooting." Our gun club has a complete old-west town, where we engage in shooting competitions while dressed in period-correct outfits. My gunbelt for this is a tooled leather 1869 Mexican twin-loop double crossdraw rig. The belt alone is about four inches wide. MY rig was handcrafted by a small shop in Laredo, Texas, who dates back to the 19th century.
As Fanch pointed out, we border Texas. Oklahomans and Texans are really just one people, mostly separated by only the Red River, but the higher-class element resides on the northern side of the water (rib poke)!
Sorry for the thread hijack.

They sound like works of art. I know this is a hijack-and-a-half, and I promise to release the thread safe and unharmed once my curiosity is sated, but any pix?

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
I do soooo.. hate to admit this, but among my many gifts and abilities there is a complete absence of knowledge concerning how to post images. Maybe I can find a twelve year old kid to teach me.....

cw3pa

A-List Customer
Hope I'm not intruding. I can't speak to Aero, not having dealt with them, but I've bought two jackets from US Authentic (B6 & A2). They have been responsive and delivery speedy. The jackets are well made and the prices reasonable. I was thinking of an A2 in horsehide and requested the following horsehide swatches I'd like to share. Again the response was rapid.
horsehideswatches_zpsef211e02.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've the "vintage" and the "black" I've also the black in mid-weight horse. All good hides that tend to break-in quick. The vintage is the pretiest in my mind.

Worf

Windward

Practically Family
I'm an older gent, and don't have as long to enjoy a horsehide jacket as some of you younger guys -
Bob

Hey Bob - I'm also an "older" gent and a new FQHH Jacket from AERO - will be a great motivation to live longer;)
WW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points