Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hell yes. Give Art a call. (Art Fawcett) Give him the photo and ask him to make you look like a million $. That's what I would do at least. Congrats on the big life move and finding a woman that appreciates hats.
Johnny

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Hell yes. Give Art a call. (Art Fawcett) Give him the photo and ask him to make you look like a million $. That's what I would do at least. Congrats on the big life move and finding a woman that appreciates hats.
Johnny
No chance Art has him a hat by next month

EstherWeis

Vendor
I would say opt for a navy hat.

You can always incorporate a color hint of your tie in the ribbon.
I have made them in the past, it does tie up the whole outfit and it makes for some great pictures too.

If you can't find a color match for the blue of your suit I would opt for a charcoal. It's better to contrast color than to get it not exactly right in the blue shade.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
What else !
Prince-Charles.jpg

HRH+Prince+Will+and+Harry+in+bowler.jpg

54098223-Elegant-man-with-beard-and-mustache-wearing-suit-and-bowler-hat-Old-style-fashion--Stock-Photo.jpg

viclip

Practically Family
I would elicit the opinion of your bride-to-be as to both the type of hat & the coloration thereof which you propose to wear on your wedding day. Dress up as she likes it on her very special day.

If I may be so bold as to give gratuitous advice for the remainder of your days following the ceremony, dress yourself for her. The only exception would be for business, don't let her dress you for that but rather dress for success as may be appropriate in your particular work environment.

Anyways, best wishes to both of you from & after the imminent blessed event.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I would elicit the opinion of your bride-to-be as to both the type of hat & the coloration thereof which you propose to wear on your wedding day. Dress up as she likes it on her very special day.

If I may be so bold as to give gratuitous advice for the remainder of your days following the ceremony, dress yourself for her. The only exception would be for business, don't let her dress you for that but rather dress for success as may appropriate in your particular work environment.

Anyways, best wishes to both of you from & after the imminent blessed event.
I like this. Get off on the right foot.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I am getting married in late September (morning church wedding, brunch reception that will end by 4pm), wearing the suit below (different tie, black shoes). I'm not certain I will don a hat on the big day (though I think the bride-to-be would love for me to!), since we won't be spending much time outside anyway, but thought it might be fun to throw around ideas for what would go well. So...any thoughts? The tag has since been removed :)

tPmsCrT.jpg
Congratulations on your forth coming marriage.
You can either match or contrast a hat. A navy fedora will compliment your suit, as will a cream felt, or straw, with a hat band in the same colour as your suit.
But, there are some interesting and imaginative alternatives suggested, there would be, we're all different. Whatever you decide, don't forget to post a photo.

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I would recommend a light grey fedora or even a Silver Belly

For what its worth, I would recommend you not wear black shoes with that suit. A medium brown or even a cordovan shoe would be better

a grey hat
a brown hat ... (but only with brown shoes in my opinion ... just won't work to my eyes with black shoes)
a navy hat
an ox blood hat
if it is hot out a nice straw will look great

Something semi formal and definitely not the hat in your avi

A boater with a black band would look nice

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
If it's straw weather, I'd either go with a Homburg in straw (Sunbody do a nice one), or perhaps a boater; for felt weather, a light grey Homburg or similar fedora. The Homburg in either case will be the more 'formal' option, so it might be wise to check and see what the realtive formality of the bride will be if you want to 'match' in that sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto