• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Hi Im new here, Looking for hat information?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by D00R, Mar 19, 2007.

Was it worth saving

Poll closed Sunday at 8:47 PM.
  1. Not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. From the very limited information and lack of good pictures....my guess, and it is only a guess is that your hat is what is commonly called a "campaign, trooper, or police hat"" from your description of the other symbols on the sweat, it could very well have been sold at the post store of Fort Sheridan here in Illinois.........
    If you provide better pictures we likely can assemble more information.....
    As a side note......the Marines still use these hats......and for the last 100 years the official color would be an OD or brownish color for all services. Additionally for military the crown was done up in a "four pinch", whereas yours has a center crease........that and the apparent black color would suggest perhaps yours was used for a Sheriff or other police use.
    Best,
    M

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  2. I'm in Germany. I buy on Amazon.

3. FedoraFan112390

FedoraFan112390 Practically Family

What kind of hat would my father's be described as, and what sort of band is that? Would like to find one similar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see it was a bit floppy. These are the only pictures I have of it.

4. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat Familiar Face

Lol..Bustin a gut here!! I can STILL recall my response to them when they suggested that to me!! Suprised you didn’t jump on that harder Justin! Oh Happy day... Be well. Bowen. Chuckles. That hats def a Stetson Cam”pain”(sic) hat. Stetson Crest, black band hard to say but def a “Smokey” of sorts.

5. Shagen

Shagen New in Town

Hi Scott her new to the forum have been wearing hats my whole life lately a military campaign soft cap from early 2000 Can anyone date this Stetson hat for me and the hat box. I saved it from the dump and hope to find a home for it.

Attached Files:

Desert dog, M Hatman and BobHufford like this.
  6. Welcome to the Lounge! I'm no expert, but I think that box is from the 1950s. If you look carefully behind the sweatband (don't crack it or pop stitches if you can) there may be size and re-order stickers. Those would give clues to the date of the hat.

7. Based on the liner I don't think it's a Stetson.

[​IMG]

8. jlee562

jlee562 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yah I saw that hat on eBay too. No, anybody can find a Stetson box and put a hat in it.

I can't really think of an example where it was anything more than seller ignorance though, there aren't really any counterfeit Stetsons.

M Hatman likes this.
  9. Yeah, I figured the same thing. Find hat in an old Stetson box...must be a Stetson. I wasn't implying somebody was counterfeiting Stetsons, but I wouldn't doubt someone would knowingly pass off an unlabeled hat as a Stetson at all. Sadly, I've learned the hard way humans are a fairly untrustworthy lot when it comes to money.

Zombie_61 and M Hatman like this.
  10. For some, "Stetson" is like "Kleenex" and applies to anything that looks like a Western.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Redfokker and M Hatman like this.
  11. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1

M Hatman likes this.