Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roblenzz

New in Town
Yeah, not sure why my pics aren't displaying. Well one is anyway... It was from MS. Sorry my question was a bit vague. I meant was this an earlier Adventurebilt hat. I saw where he was signing the inside of the sweat band and this doesn't have that. Just the initials "D.Z. 23 5/8". The band says "Adventurebilt Hat Co., Handmade, Fine Fur Felt." Thanks for the responses

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don’t quote me on this but, shortly before CS came out 2008 Steve was asked to stop using that liner. Legal nonsense. So this hat probably pre-dates that. Particularly on that price point.
Some further information, John at Penman hats has a bunch of Steves blocks and can reblock the hat in the future.
I have seen newer Adventurebilt hats with that liner in them but I personally think he is just using what he has on hand nowadays
Johnny

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I believe the producers of CS asked that the hats for the film be devoid of liner markings to avoid people like us enlarging stills from the film where the liner is showing and saying,' Look! It's an Adventurebilt from the 2000s! Fraud! Fake! Omgecnoenonrfcshphpffft!'

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Yeah, there was a whole big thing with the huge wait times.
Yes, lots of controversy over it. Once the news got out that Steve was doing the Crystal Skull hats the orders went through the roof and he was totally overwhelmed. He originally told me 6 months, which I didn’t actually believe. I think it was about 28 months until it actually showed up.

B

Dave K.

New in Town
Hello,

I'm new here and this is my first post, so please excuse me if I don't know much about these hats. Here's the story behind them. I got these hats from my Grandpa that passed away, and I've just had them sitting around for a little while not thinking much about them. Grandpa was an antique collector, and they had been sitting down in his basement untouched for over the past 30 years. They appear to be in near mint to mint condition, and I don't know if anyone has ever actually worn them. I can't find a whole lot to identify them, or what year they would be from. I don't see any sort of identifying tags or model numbers on the hats themselves. I also don't know if they have any value or not, but it would be appreciated if anyone can help me out here.

The first hat has a receipt of sorts clipped to the box, but it doesn't tell a whole lot that makes any sense to me.

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows about these or can help me out!

Dave

1_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

3_1.jpg

4_1.jpg

And then here is the second hat:

5_1.jpg

6_1.jpg

7_1.jpg

8_1.jpg

I am not a Western hat collector but these hats don't look like anything special. Ebay is a great source of information on the resale market. Spend some time perusing the Stetson listings to get a handle on price ranges. But in general Stetson westerns don't fetch much on the resale market.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well they are worth whatever anyone wants to pay for them.
The box says it's a 7 1/4, the tag inside the hat says 6 7/8, not a very desirable size.
Both look to be from the 80's or more modern so not "antique".

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
They look 80's at the earliest & unfortunately they aren't particularly sought after. Given the colors & small sizes, using the Ebay pricing barometer, you would be lucky to get $50 for the Stetson & 30 bucks for the other, given it's moth eaten & mouldy condition.
I think the newspaper wadding in one of the boxes would be more interesting. :rolleyes:

Dave K.

New in Town
Got it, thanks a lot everyone. I definitely appreciate the insight and assistance.
I guess I thought they were in good condition because they still look really nice up close and everything, thought maybe those marks were just from sitting around for so long.

I can certainly check Ebay!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:
I gotta get one of those. There was a fellow lounger, Manfred, who wore one with a leather jacket and jeans. It all went together very well for a nice casual look. I have the leather jacket. I have jeans. All I need now is a Homburg to put it all together.
Follow Matt's example, he wears the greatest homburgs with all types of outfits. I wear all of mine with jeans and a leather A-2 jacket often. You need a homburg friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112