Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Bros Kensington

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The tiger twill ... is one of Dave' "signature", I wanted to have this on my Kensington.

I agree this lining is part of Himel's signature for the Kensington. I am suitably impressed with his workmanship as I have a Shinki HH Himel Ventura made with patterns sent to him by John Chapman. The Himel Ventura is incredibly well made and useful. It and my Vicenza Sheenes are my primary go to jackets when I pull something from my closet to wear on the fly.

HIMEL-075_8acca8e2-5df3-46b2-91b7-d84501a294ba_large.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What a beautiful jacket, I especially like the fold of leather below the double stitching on the back yoke. Fit is spot on as well. Congratulations!

Fonzie

One Too Many
I do like the lining, it's different but cool and a signature style. Wouldn't order it different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graemsay

Practically Family
First, congratulations on the weight loss. 15 kg is a significant drop, and I know how hard it can be to lose it.

As for the jacket, it's lovely and fits very well. The contrast stitching looks great, and it's very, very neat. The Shinki horsehide is fantastic, is it teacore or dyed through? Count me as another fan of the tiger stripe lining.

I'm looking forward to seeing it with some wear on it. Enjoy! (I'm sure you will. :D)

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thanks everyone!

Off the charts, epic, grail, masterpiece. So happy for you Speedy.

When will you get yours?

As for the jacket, it's lovely and fits very well. The contrast stitching looks great, and it's very, very neat. The Shinki horsehide is fantastic, is it teacore or dyed through? Count me as another fan of the tiger stripe lining.

I would say it's tea core but I'm not 100% sure...

Edward

Bartender
Very nice indeed. The tiger stripe lining in an interesting choice for Himel as a signature: isn't it a later, Vietnam-derived pattern that post-dates a lot of the Himel designs by some years? Of course, that combination melding different tiem-period derived ideas is what makes it a unique signature. I think it works very well on a bike jacket like this. I love that blue hide, very nice indeed. I could see myself in a colour like that; the simplicity of the cafe racer design really combines well with the boldness of a colour like that imo. Lovely choice.

I'm coming around to cafe racers again myself. I had one years ago that I bought to wear to the office on casual days as less of a 'statement' jacket than a Perfecto. Sold it on a couple of years later as I decided it wasn't really me. I'm starting to come round to this style again, though - old school, chest pockets only, zipper stopping short of the hem....

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Absolutely fantastic jacket, and nailed the fit too. It looks so good on you. Congratulations on getting an heirloom jacket, and also on dropping 15 kgs - that's a decent amount of weight! Love everything about this jacket, the leather, color, tight clean stitching, and the signature camo lining, wouldn't change anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points