Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

JDelage

Familiar Face
Yes, that's why I was asking. It's strange that Himel's work seems superlative ... unless it is made for Orvis, in which case suddenly there are fit issues.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to Bretron's hot tip, I ordered the Himel/Orvis

I think it's pretty darn nice!

6576048A-DBCD-471A-A10B-A69F0FBC7E79_zps1u7vo8b2.jpg

1D20D3E8-E76B-4E45-8315-67641DB705C6_zpsuhmq4jry.jpg

24F0AFCB-9CAB-4C63-A2F0-EE55E20E65FC_zpsng3pqykz.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, that's why I was asking. It's strange that Himel's work seems superlative ... unless it is made for Orvis, in which case suddenly there are fit issues.
As you can see from Boyo's pics, it's a beautiful jacket and the leather is typically gorgeous for a Himel jacket. It looks great on him and he's a big guy. The problem is with the typical Orvis fit, which is always on the (very) large size, even when considering that they only size in increments of 38-40, 40-42, and so on. For instance, I'm about a 39, but an Orvis jacket that I received would have been big for a 40, so it was miles too big for me. The reason, I'd guess, is that Orvis's customer base are older, beefier guys who are probably a size larger than they think they still are. Pretty much everything I've seen by Orvis has run to those larger dimensions. In short, it's vanity sizing. I'd be interested to hear from Boyo about how the sizing for his jacket was established and how it feels.

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Thanks to all above for both the jacket and garden compliments!

I took These photos about 5 minutes after unboxing the jacket, I expect the sleeves to crease and shorten and the collar to relax with wear.
This is my first Himel, and my expectations were not diminished. In a perfect world I would have chosen a different lining, the basic cotton drill is nice, but "basic".
At a 1/3 off retail this jacket is still quite pricey, and is close to what a custom Aero might run, but a good deal never the less.
Keep your eyes on the sale racks, if these continue to go down in price, grabbing one is a no-brainer.
As far as sizing, this is an XL, the jacket does "fit big" as tropicalbob mentions but the orvis online chat has access to the typical measurements, check there first.

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
As a follow-up PSA, the following are the measurements of the Himel/Orvis in XXL and XL
XXL
P2P = 28"
Shoulder = 21.5"
Sleeve = 27.5"

XL
P2P = 26"
Shoulder = 20.75"
Sleeve = 27"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member