Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

Haha I could not agree with you more! I despise summer with all my heart (as I am sure most of us here do) and it is my least favorite time to fall ill if I have a choice.
Thank you all very much for the kind words! :) They are truly appreciated.

Summer is the WORST. It's not that I hate it 'cause I can't wear jackets or for whatever other silly reason and it's not a nuisance but a serious issue for me - or at least it's really becoming a serious issue. I genuinely don't feel well in the summer heat, even when it's within the norm for the season. It's interesting, but if I'm out in the summer sun and a cloud comes over, I literally instantly start to feel better. I can actually feel it, like a sudden burst of energy. I focus, I can function.
Winter is just cold. Even deathly cold is just that but summer heat... Year after year, this horror begins and I'm counting days and looking at the weather report every day, hoping that the next day is going to be a bit better. Cloudier, at least. Rainy, preferably. And it's getting harder to deal with it. I seriously believe I'm going to have to move somewhere...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Summer is the WORST. It's not that I hate it 'cause I can't wear jackets or for whatever other silly reason and it's not a nuisance but a serious issue for me - or at least it's really becoming a serious issue. I genuinely don't feel well in the summer heat, even when it's within the norm for the season. It's interesting, but if I'm out in the summer sun and a cloud comes over, I literally instantly start to feel better. I can actually feel it, like a sudden burst of energy. I focus, I can function.
Winter is just cold. Even deathly cold is just that but summer heat... Year after year, this horror begins and I'm counting days and looking at the weather report every day, hoping that the next day is going to be a bit better. Cloudier, at least. Rainy, preferably. And it's getting harder to deal with it. I seriously believe I'm going to have to move somewhere...

Agreed. Part of it is not being able to wear jackets, but most of it is the same issue you have. I feel awful when it's hot out and have no energy. Just like you, when it cools down or gets cloudy (which it never does here) I feel better and have more energy. I've been in -15 degree weather and would choose that over 90 degree heat any time. My fiance and I have specifically agreed to move to a beach city as soon as we can afford a house. However, if it were up to me, we'd move to Scotland. That place seems perfect for me :D Scotch, leather jackets, and an average summer high that's still in the '60s. That sounds like heaven.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Agreed. Part of it is not being able to wear jackets, but most of it is the same issue you have. I feel awful when it's hot out and have no energy. Just like you, when it cools down or gets cloudy (which it never does here) I feel better and have more energy. I've been in -15 degree weather and would choose that over 90 degree heat any time. My fiance and I have specifically agreed to move to a beach city as soon as we can afford a house. However, if it were up to me, we'd move to Scotland. That place seems perfect for me :D Scotch, leather jackets, and an average summer high that's still in the '60s. That sounds like heaven.
well, hot summers is one thing but summer skies is another! Believe me, I spent half my life in Greece and though I don't miss the heat, I miss the blue sunny sky!

Himel and I worked out something. I sent my jacket in and he is going to remake the same jacket in a larger size. Excited to get the fit right this time.
Good for you man. This is what should have happened and it's a huge plus in the positive colum for Himmel in my book. It's hard to get these fits right and at those price points it does need to be as near perfect as possible. Would love to see your remake when it's done!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I have the SAME issue with the heat. Absolutely no energy. Guys, be sure to check your AC filters if you're using air conditioning in the house. My research leads me to believe improper AC use/lack of cleaning is a big part of it. It can lead to all sorts of ailments.

AllanP

Familiar Face
Bump,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Himel's goatskins. Most of the jackets here talked about are made of Shinki Horse, but looking through his catalogue he does offer a whole array of goat skins. I am looking for something that might be lighter than horse that I can wear in relatively warmer weather, and goat really intrigues me.

So anyone that has handled his goat please kindly share your experience

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
We've just had the wettest summer in 80 years with temps a steady 60C to 65C. I'm not saying I want an Arizona-intensity heat, but it would have been nice to have had more than two or three days of weak sun at a time...

nick123

I'll Lock Up

I'd move to Newport Beach. It's always nice there. :)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
We've just had the wettest summer in 80 years with temps a steady 60C to 65C. I'm not saying I want an Arizona-intensity heat, but it would have been nice to have had more than two or three days of weak sun at a time...

That's a lot of rain. I actually despise sunlight, however. My tune may change if I live in Scotland for 10 plus years, but I think I'd love it for quite some time.

I'd move to Newport Beach. It's always nice there. :)

I do actually plan on moving to Huntington Beach or Newport as soon as I can. :)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
23824087_514893875540030_8875881669047877632_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ