Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hollywood Collection Vintage Jewelry Reproductions

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I've been drooling over their stuff for nealy a year! If anyone bites the bullet and orders I'd love to hear what they think of it in person!

Lauren Henline said:
I've been drooling over their stuff for nealy a year! If anyone bites the bullet and orders I'd love to hear what they think of it in person!

The pieces I have are wonderful!I have several Ginger Rogers rings, the blue Jeanette MacDonald ring, I wore at my wedding and some others. It is all sterling silver with either rhodium or gold plate. This is not cheap plating either, it wears very well! It also comes boxed beautifully in Cartier style boxes. I think it's fab and even better when they have sales. Most of my pieces are rings and I have a Ginger Rogers bracelet that I don't think is available anymore. You can also find it on ebay. ;) I have the Audry Hepurn earring on my wish list. :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks! Hearing it from someone who has them certainly makes me closer to making a purchase! I absolutely love Ginger Rogers, and the jewelry they have of hers is stunning!

Mimi Thomas

New in Town
I've got Marilyn's diamond bracelet and it is stunning. I can't tell you how many compliments I get when I wear it. The first one broke, nearly 3 months after I got it, and they replaced it--no questions, and no hassles!

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but a friend bought me a piece from this company for my birthday. They're earrings and the quality is very nice. I ordered something from them today because I was so impressed, and the customer service has been excellent! :eusa_clap

My only gripe is that I wish they made rings in smaller sizes! I wear a 3.5, but if they made a 4 or even a 5 I could make it work on a bigger finger. At least they have a lot of beautiful earrings, necklaces and bracelets!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScotchWhisky said:
I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but a friend bought me a piece from this company for my birthday. They're earrings and the quality is very nice. I ordered something from them today because I was so impressed, and the customer service has been excellent! :eusa_clap

My only gripe is that I wish they made rings in smaller sizes! I wear a 3.5, but if they made a 4 or even a 5 I could make it work on a bigger finger. At least they have a lot of beautiful earrings, necklaces and bracelets!

Stop being so tiny! ;) Eat more! lol It's sure to up your ring size!

Maybe one of those ring shrinker things? The little metal springs that fit inside the ring to fit smaller fingers?

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
lol I'm only 4'11", so if I ate too much more I'd be a little globe.

Anyway, here are the earrings I got for my birthday. They're super sparkly and pretty, and they don't irritate my hyper-sensitive ears! They have a great weight to them, too, and don't feel or look cheap in any way.

aae015.jpg
[/IMG]

wahine

Practically Family
Thanks to C-Dot for pushing this up (and to CherryRed for posting in the first place)!

I was looking for Marilyn's engagement ring for a long time but couldn't find it.
They have it, it looks pretty good on the website and it's affordable!

It does look nice but I think it differs a bit from the original.
..............left: original ................................................................................ right: Hollywood collection copy

the copy seems to have less stones that are a bit longer, or is it just me?

I can't find any information on the materials used but if CherryRed is right, it should be Sterling silver? most likely combined with rhinestones (I know it's illusory to hope for real stones for such a price but I'm a dreamer some times ;) )
Also seemingly no information if they ship outside the US/Canada. But since it's possible to order a catalogue to Germany, they will probably ship their commodities here as well...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

wahine

Practically Family
Thanks, it seems I'm not a very good web searcher.

The Newbridge offer is about 60% more expensive than the other one, I wonder why since it seems to be the same ring (at least the stones seem to have the same ratio / number difference). Even considering the shipping, it'd be probably cheaper to order from the states (that's globalization). :(

Some prices are even more than double :eeek: like the Ingrid Bergman star pendant

I must admit though that they have beautiful stuff. You're absolutely the type for that Grace necklace!

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I can't find any information on the materials used but if CherryRed is right, it should be Sterling silver? most likely combined with rhinestones

That particular ring is sterling silver, and the stones are cubic zirconia. That's what my bracelet is made from, and people often cannot tell the difference. :) It's also got the same number of stones as the original (24), so it's a pretty good copy.

Also about shipping: They ship to 70 countries, including Germany. You pay regular shipping plus $10.00 for international orders.

wahine

Practically Family
Wow, thanks a lot for all that information, C-Dot!
That sounds nice and verry tempting. Since my man won't come up with smth like this anyway, I'll have to get it for myself.
So I'll have to feed my piggy bank for a while...
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana