Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Grazie mille Daniele!! Homburgs are also my favorite masculine hat, and I must thank all the members of The Fedora Lounge for being such an endless source of inspiration. There is so much one can learn from looking at classic hats made at the height of their popularity when techniques had been perfected to such an extent that even a hundred years on the hats look like the day they were made. Let me know if you drop by Barcelona :)

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Thank you Steve, the setting is indeed spectacular, recently renovated and converted into the top floor of a well know luxury store. I'm very proud they decided to commision a collection from me, and very pleased they loved the idea of a luxury hand finished homburg.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a G A Dunn & Co that I picked up recently, apart from one very , very small tear to the leather sweat band and the small sweat band ribbon being missing it is suprisingly good almost mint for a hat going on 75 years old with no mothing, splits or cracks and the sweat is still very supple.
It has the G A Dunn l;ogo on the sweat and the liner, brim is wider than many I've seen it fits perfect too.
ff3576.jpg
w32w8.jpg

2nvqrlx.jpg
2w7h4kn.jpg

ie4kjr.jpg
35ja26b.jpg

9zxff7.jpg
a1hc15.jpg

2llydlx.jpg
n6yz2s.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
There's at least 1/2" on the outside and another 1/4" rolled over and stitched through, my other G A Dunn of a similar age has the same width brim ribbon but the ribbon/bow around the main body is only 1 1/2" with a 1 1/2" brim,whereras this is 1 3/4" with a 2" brim width.

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Borsalino Gran Lusso: Mid brown. (Have also posted this in the Borsalino Brotherhood)

I would appreciate help with the probable date, also the wind trolley winds around the crown twice and has no button - no evidence of one having been attached. I see there is another similar in grey (on the bay in Germany) with the same arrangement, so wondering if this was the norm.

IMGA0887_zpsvm9i7xdf.jpg

IMGA0888_zpsehhmbbd3.jpg

IMGA0889_zpsqhcbksik.jpg

IMGA0890_zpswvuwplmb.jpg

IMGA0891_zpsowktszss.jpg

IMGA0892_zpsnpzrkk1l.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Fantastic! This is a German market Borsalino. You see Export Qualität in the late 1950s and onward up to end of the Antica Casa (family sells business and old factory closes) in the mid 1980s. My guess is late 1950s - early 1970s. All of my German market Borsalinos that have wind cords do not have buttons. This one dates back to 1929.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/50-borsalino-german-market/page-2#entry1153

Here are some other German market Borsalinos.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/50-borsalino-german-market/

Last edited:

michael78

One of the Regulars
Knox Ssuperfine

I originally posted this in new Hats, but thought i,d post hat in Nation. Bought for £27 Quid ( $41 ).
My first Homburg and I,m hooked!! As you can see, the lining is a bit foxed but other wise in great condition.

Mike

DSCN5539.jpg DSCN5540.jpg
DSCN5538.jpg DSCN5547.jpg
DSCN5541.jpg

krasher

New in Town
I've had this Swann Homburg for a while, and finally had the sweatband replaced - does anyone know anything about the manufacturer and age on it?

Thanks and regards
Kescha

swann10.jpg
swann88.jpg
swann6.jpg
swann5.jpg
swann4.jpg
swann3.jpg
swann1.jpg

Attachments

• swann2.jpg
    swann2.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 129
Kescha, I would say early 1940s or maybe 1930s. This is just a guess based on construction. Someone else might have details on Swann Hat (I didn't search). It's a great looking Homburg. By the way there are some fantastic vintage Austrian and German Homburgs available in size 57cm.

Dogman, Great find! Super looking Homburg!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana