Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Tailors

Edward

Bartender
Here's a pic of the Jantzen shirt worn with a collar bar.I think the collar bar really makes it shine!

1920s%2520shirt.jpg

Nice!! I may well look into some of these. Do they have the option of double cuffs, or are they button only (as per the original)?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I received my second Jantzen shirt today. I hate to say it, but they messed up the neck measurement. Instead of 15.5" the neck is 16.75". Totally unwearable for me. :(

IMG_1000.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, not good at all. I had asked them to increase the neck width by 5 mm for the second shirt ...

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Most MTM shirt makers size your measurements up 1/2 inch as an allowance for shrinkage, but still, that is pretty bad. I am very familiar with Janzen; email them that picture and ask for them to redo the shirt. I would shocked if they don't fix this for you.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I'd be shocked, too, if they didn't redo it. I already emailed them. I am confident they will make things right.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's par for the course at Jantzen. Eventually they'll get it right but boy do they make mistakes.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Well, their first effort was much better. A slightly wider neck and it would have been perfect. But this ...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, at £1,000, I'd go for a semi-bespoke number from someone like Ede and Ravenscroft. I've had several from them - picked my cloth, lining, style, had it adjusted to my build, and they've lasted the best part of 10 years with regular wear so far without losing their shape - they're around £600 - £700, usually with a second pair of trousers thrown in.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I did end up going to a Hong Kong Tailor, Charms who I haven't seen referred to on this forum. I had a very nice suit made from high end Zegna fabric and two shirts. I had one meeting where I chose fabrics and they took measurements. The next day the mock up of the suit was already done and we tweeked the fit. One more fitting would have been nice but if there were issues they are coming to Beverly Hills. I recieved the suit and shirts last week and they fit perfectly and the finishes are all outstanding. So I do recommend them. Anyone else have experience with them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ