Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

Hercule

Practically Family
Perhaps your socks didn't match?

I can remember as a kid purposely wearing unmatched sox. My mom was NOT amused.

Hey, where in the Land of Cleves are you? That is, if I haven't asked before. I went to Case, but that was back in the 80s.

West side. I live in Lakewood and work in Berea (BW). Did a doctorate at Case in the late 90s.

I can remember as a kid purposely wearing unmatched sox. My mom was NOT amused.

West side. I live in Lakewood and work in Berea (BW). Did a doctorate at Case in the late 90s.

I hung out mostly on the East side, lived in the Heights for a while. Worked at a deli on Coventry.

Now I want Presti's. And Corky & Lenny's.

Dang.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Well, here's a new one. My wife and I go out to dinner with friends on Friday nights, and last night I chose to wear my dark brown Fed IV. The restaurant we chose is one we've been going to for decades, and we're on very friendly terms with it's owner and most of the staff. As we were on our way out, both our waitress and the male host (both of whom are under the age of 30) told me that I reminded them of "The guy from Jeepers Creepers" (a horror movie from 2001).

Jeepers_Creepers_zpsdtcn8gvx.jpg

Yeah, I can kinda' see it. :D

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's an odd one. Last summer I transferred to the downtown campus of my college. One of the things I much prefer about my new department is that my colleagues tend to be rather on the quiet side and mind their own business. The other day, while I was entering my grades, I took off my hat and laid it on the table beside me. I heard someone say, "Oh, my God!" The woman who said it explained that she had always assumed I was bald and wore hats to hide the fact (to the contrary, I have, ahem, a very full head of hair). I suppose I'll have to "let my freak flag fly" more often from now on.

RJR

Here's an odd one. Last summer I transferred to the downtown campus of my college. One of the things I much prefer about my new department is that my colleagues tend to be rather on the quiet side and mind their own business. The other day, while I was entering my grades, I took off my hat and laid it on the table beside me. I heard someone say, "Oh, my God!" The woman who said it explained that she had always assumed I was bald and wore hats to hide the fact (to the contrary, I have, ahem, a very full head of hair). I suppose I'll have to "let my freak flag fly" more often from now on.
:cool:

Well, here's a new one. My wife and I go out to dinner with friends on Friday nights, and last night I chose to wear my dark brown Fed IV. The restaurant we chose is one we've been going to for decades, and we're on very friendly terms with it's owner and most of the staff. As we were on our way out, both our waitress and the male host (both of whom are under the age of 30) told me that I reminded them of "The guy from Jeepers Creepers" (a horror movie from 2001).

Jeepers_Creepers_zpsdtcn8gvx.jpg

Yeah, I can kinda' see it. :D
Nah, he doesn't have a beard.

-30-

A-List Customer
" mostly people just ask where am i going,presuming i'm dressed well, as if i'm off to some special event!"

I too, "suffer from the same Fate"; my stock answer being, If I cannot return to my manner of late '60, 70, and '80s dress, just when, can I begin?

Regards.
J T

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21