Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Matt, that was me, when I was in NH. I think the only time I saw another person in a brimmed hat was when Alan was in the area on his vacation and we met up for a beer!

Different story here in Ft Worth, I see a ton of people in hats, usually westerns but others as well.

Today, I've seen hundreds since I strolled to Peters Brothers - they have a big inventory there, again mainly western, but they sell (and make) fedoras too. I had a nice chat about hats with Bradley, Joe Peter's grandson who was stitching the sweatband into a western hat. He showed me an Indy hat he had recently made - very nice.

He is going to be making me a black Open Road style (or Shady Oak style in PB speak) milan, which should be a super hat. He had a beautiful Montecristi Shady Oak hat which I'd love to own. At $1,800 that's not happening any time soon - with it being windy here a lot of the time, I could see me losing it on day one!

Coming out of the store, I came across 5 very nicely dressed guys, all wearing western hats - 3 silverbelly, 1 white, 1 brown. With my 2.5 inch brim on my VS Dualist, a serious case of brim envy :)

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
DJH, I was on your side of town today at a church seminar. I should have stopped into P. Bros. I haven't been there in awhile.

How many fedoras did I see today? 1, in the mirror when I was washing my hands.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
It was a beautiful day to be out and about in the DFW area, Cattus. I wouldn't complain if this was as warm as it gets.

Yesterday was a hot day with clouds and thunder around my locality here in eastern Massachusetts. In a short trip to our neighboring town, (Milton, hello MiamiB!!) I. spotted six (6) fedoras along the way! Mostly straws, and fully respectable brims. WooHA!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Would have been glad to. Thought abt askin you but didn't want to interfere. I saw a Stetsonian in Tawny 7 and 3/8. Was that yours?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Would have been glad to. Thought abt askin you but didn't want to interfere. I saw a Stetsonian in Tawny 7 and 3/8. Was that yours?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mine is an excellent Strat in sage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
In Santa Fe today (at the old town plaza) , I saw three fur felt fedoras, more than ten straw Panama's , and numerous westerns in the space of three hours, plus countless "travelers/sun" hats. Santa Fe seems to be very hat friendly. Also, at the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody Wyoming on Monday, I must have seen over a dozen westerns, (of course this was in the firearms museum :) )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Mine and a young man stopped by wearing a Stetson Chatham. He seemed amazed when I correctly identified the maker and model of his hat. We had a good conversation of history of the local area, hats and the FL. Apparently, he is a member.

And then, I went to dinner and met yet another Lounge member. She was not wearing a fedora, but has an interest in early hats.

This is pretty surprising for central Mississippi.

Fed

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Starting to have real autumn weather. Saw a lot of newsboy caps, a tweed bucket hat, baseball caps (always), a hipster cloth stingy-brim, a couple of felt Austrian hats, and 2 fedoras + mine. I take the u-bahn to work, so I see hundreds of people coming and going, mornings and evenings.

foamy

A-List Customer
Since I became an everyday hat wearer, like most of you, I notice hats. Particularly fedoras. Over the course of the Summer, I noticed straws becoming more popular in the city (DC) as the season wore on. Now I'm starting to see more fedoras. Not many, perhaps one or two a day, but they are starting to become more frequent. Especially with younger wearers and I like this trend.

Over the weekend, I was volunteering at the Waterfowl Festival in my hometown. I was fairly amazed at the number of fedoras I saw being worn by young and old, male and female. Certainly the most I've seen on any single day since I've been paying attention. I saw a good six or eight fedoras and two or three times that many "outback" type hats and I've never seen a fedora or any other felt being worn in my town—ever. Unless it was me.

Of course, most folks were from out of town (the Waterfowl Festival is a big deal, if you're a hunter, outdoorsman or art lover) and (on a slightly down note) I didn't see one beret except my own. But, the amount and variety of hats I saw was very encouraging. Felt hats and flat caps of all descriptions. Perhaps classic head wear is making a modest comeback. I'm starting to take note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk