Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many leather jacket should you have?

Seskoad1978

New in Town
thanks folks for the reply... I have 4 cowboy boots, one engineer boots and paddock boots. Always worn and rotate them. Mostly I wear cowboy boots when riding horse or motorcycle, and go to my farm with them. Love boots since I was a kid. And correct, it's never enough...Now I also look for either one or 2 more...

I guess you all are right, better see the pockets. I am now thinking to get Langlitz Cascade in future first...then lewis then buco then....*shit, when it stops*

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'd love to have 1 black and 1 brown. But my living situation -- in a pesthole with but 2 seasons, January and summer -- doesn't lend itself to more than 1 jacket. My old standby brown A-2 lookalike from Dillard's in 1989 is still doing well. If I were to order one of the A-1 Aeromarine models with the buttons and shawl collar when summer is technically "over" (around September), by the time I received the jacket, the weather would be hot again. Gah.

I think the real answer is 3.
I waist length zip-up, 1 waist length button-up, and 1 longer one...
If you live in a cold region, add 1 Winter coat :)

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I am from the tropics and I have 4 but recently sold 1. Don't get me started on the dreadful weather.

dioxide

New in Town
I have about 3-4 but I usually end up rotating between the 3 and leave the 4th somewhere in the closet. A friend I know has over 6-8 jackets and personally I believe he only wears 2 out of those he owns.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Less than two weeks after I wrote the above, I purchased a Wested Raiders jacket in a very dark brown goatskin. In low light it looks black. And I haven't gotten rid of the old A-2 lookalike from Dillard's -- so now I do have 1 "black" and 1 brown.

The weather is still awful, though, and some of my outer clothing has got to go.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've got around seven, including two sheep skins, and they all have very defined seasons that they get pulled out for and certain looks/clothes and get plenty of wear. I reckon I've got room for one or two more: a third A-2 and bootlegger or similar. I never quite worked out what those people with closets full of A-2s do with them, tbh.

HGalindez

New in Town
I probably have close to 10 different jackets I wear during different seasons. In a tropical area you don't have to worry about snow and ice but here in PA you do and that's when I wear my B3 Sheepskin Bomber. I have a decent compilation of A-2's, G-1's, motorcycle jackets etc. My friend is more of a collector and has a whole area in his basement where he displays them. I guess it all comes down to your disposable income. I would say its best to have at least 2 so you can swap out for a different style when you like to.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I, too, live in a tropical miasma. I currently own one good jacket, a brown Aero LHB that I've had for six years and love to death. I like the idea of having one leather jacket as an all-purpose, go-to sort of thing, and I get a surprising amount of wear out of it: from the end of November until about this time of year I can wear it most nights and some days comfortably (I had it on last night). Last year I bought a beautiful, lightweight black leather from Terry, but it was just a tad small, and anyway my wife commandeered it (looks great on her). I tell myself I don't really want or need a black leather, and sometimes I actually believe it. A certain party in Oz has one in the Classifieds as I type, and I'll probably spend the rest of the weekend banging my head on my desk and cursing the winds of fate.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have had at least one leather jacket from the age of 10. This last winter I have lost 50 pounds. So none of them fit me anymore. I have dropped from a 44"-46" to a 38"-40". I am seriously facing the reality of my first year without a leather jacket since I was a child. o_O Not good. :(
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points