Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many of you did hide a new leather jacket purchase from wife?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Motorcycle Man Cave

To paraphrase the old saying, "my wife said one more leather jacket and shes leaving, I'm going to miss her!" On a funny note, a friend of mine told me last year, he bought a horse, I said thats crazy, a horse is worse then a boat for a money pit! He said, best money he ever spent, now he can bring any motorcycle he wants home and his wife doesn't say a thing. Speaking of Man Caves, I have a friend that has motorcycles in every room except the kitchen and bathroom. I suspect if he can find the right mini bike it will go in the bath. He's divorced needless to say!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
So, I am in London after picking up my son from a sports event and we take a trip to Oxford Street. Seeing the Aero stockist sign I say "Lets just have a look and see what they have". After around 1/2 hr of trying on various jackets of all weights, hides, styles and colours I pick up a Heavy Horse Highwayman in cordovan and put it on for the 3rd time.
She says, "I really like the colour and it looks great, why not treat yourself, you haven't bought a jacket for ages"
How about that then:D
J

Aerojoe

Practically Family
She says, "I really like the colour and it looks great, why not treat yourself, you haven't bought a jacket for ages"
How about that then:D

Then you weak up :D

What a rough town to live in. Ever consider moving?

I keep on saying "my town" but the whole state is like this. I'm afraid, the whole country :eusa_doh: I went to the collegue in England and british girls are a piece of cake in front of our local sargents. [huh]

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
I actually enjoyed reading this post. The banter has been entertaining; when it started to turn sour, cooler heads prevailed. I am going to use the text as a basis for my paper on "cultural changes in a modern society" or "The weakening of the male in modern society". :cool:

I actually enjoyed reading this post. The banter has been entertaining; when it started to turn sour, cooler heads prevailed. I am going to use the text as a basis for my paper on "cultural changes in a modern society" or "The weakening of the male in modern society". :cool:
You had to? :). I think it's balanced between the two here. But the ending didn't have the thrills of a good ol' bar fight lol

Fifty150

One Too Many
......a bar fight would be awesome to complete the paper... :D

It's not too late to make that happen. Pick up the air fare and bar tabs. You might get a few volunteers.

Actually, who are we kidding. It wouldn't be much of a fight at all. Just a bunch of freeloaders getting drunk on your dime. You would get a room full of guys who didn't have to ask for their wives' permission. The other guys, who have to hide jackets, would never be able to sneak out and fly across the country behind their wives' backs.

kyboots

Practically Family
I agree cooler remarks were made after sour inspewed, but I disagree with the title of your paper. This isn't "weakening of the male" but a period when husband and wife share, and openly discuss their spending habits along with everything else related to that family. Some of us delayed the announcement of new leather coats or waited until a "better time", but that was not due to being a wimp, but rather to have the discussion at a more opportune time, or strategic planing. It is not "weakening" but a time of strengthening the moral fiber of men. Rather than " tell " your wife what to wear, do, cook, etc. ; Unlike 100 years ago, women are more equal and share in the responsibility of building a family and the moral input for the family. Bullshit aside I think it takes guts and strength for men to do what they do and work to make sharing an integral role in the family. This can be hard for some men because clearly their fathers did not feel this way or practice this kind of family arrangement. If anything men are stronger by being "wimps" and they should be supported. I would say more, but I hear my wife calling and I have not completed my....John

Lets see..we got..'share' and 'openly discuss'...
..but then we have delay an announcement..and even 'hide' has also been applauded.
...and with this,somehow,women are more equal...
...men have 'guts' and 'strength' by daring to delay and hide from this 'equal' type wife.
Although..that kinda seems to cancel out the appearance of sharing and open discussion.
..but men are stronger by devising the deceptions and accepting the wimpiness.
Makes sense now.
That's exactly how I want my son to turn out...and teach his children as well. To be scared to death of his wife...but man enough to concoct a misleading strategy around her probable ire.
Man-up now has a new modern meaning...:eusa_doh:

Red Baron

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCpjmvaIgNA

"Red Feminism: American Communism and the Making of Women's Liberation" by Kate Weigand. Good read. And if you want to see where feminism has led the world, go see Vagina Monologues. This play is good barometer for how truly weird modern society is becoming. The play masquerades as an affirmation of women, but it is really an assault on women and femininity. It is clever attack on what is best in being a woman. The Hunger Games is also creepy in a way. I think it is a brainwash.

Since women joined the workforce, the average worker's salary has roughly been cut in half. Coincidence? Taxes in USA have doubled. Coincidence?

Of course women have right to equal pay and they have a right to work if they want to work in a career, of course. But women should not be made to feel ashamed for wanting to be mothers and raising a family. It is one of the most respectable careers ever known to the human race, and the other is being a good father and a good husband.

The world's richest families that are designing their perfect world system want right now these days in industrialized countries to trick a lot of women to forget that they are a part of nature, and ages 18-25 are most important for starting a family. Just like the roses and flowers bloom in springtime, young women need to marry and have kids when nature intended, not when they are in late 30's after they have done a career and need doctors help with dangerous drugs to be furtile because have waited too long.

The best birth is the home birth with a qualified mid wife who knows his/her job well. Soothing births and happy homes make happy kids. These days the modern hospital birth seems more like an alien abduction to poor little babies. Bright lights, quick cut umbilical cords, chemicals in eyes so they cant see for days, taken away from mother and put in rough blanket with dozens of crying babies in a room away from mother, circumcision without anaethesia like some kind of creepy torture . . .on and on. it is lot like alien autopsy the more you think about it.

There are some very powerful people in charge of our countries right now, the real people in charge, not the fake puppets in front of us, that want women and men to miss the chance to start strong familys that will protect them from the mass slavery that is coming down the pike. This is not religous fundamentalistic, extreme, apocalyptic, or crazy talk. It is just common sense.

I have changed my mind about what I said before in this very good therad. Being honest with the wife is a virtue. No more hiding jackets!!!!!!! I will try harder to be honest, even over little things. I want to be a good example for my kids. Honesty is always best in life, even when it is sometimes more boring. No more flirting and being funny like that. This thread has changed my mind. I don't like what I said before now. I changed my mind now.

Fifty150

One Too Many

Because Al Sharpton Said So
al.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk