Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to go to the restroom whilst wearing foundation garments...

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With thongs I feel like it's a good idea to go up a size (I will often buy a Large instead of a Medium) so there isn't any unnecessary tightness or pinching. Also, don't start with the uber-thin string ones! And, it'll feel weird on your bum with jeans, at first! lol

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
xitsvivx said:
now do you ladies unhook your garters from your stockings, loosen the slack on the garters or just go ahead and uh.. sit?

Just pull up the back of the girdle a bit and sit.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
With thongs I feel like it's a good idea to go up a size (I will often buy a Large instead of a Medium) so there isn't any unnecessary tightness or pinching. Also, don't start with the uber-thin string ones! And, it'll feel weird on your bum with jeans, at first! lol

I actually think the uber thin string ones are the best - you feel them less.

For those gals who want to try but have never found a thong they like, the Hanky Panky one is apparently the one to try.

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
I actually think the uber thin string ones are the best - you feel them less.

For those gals who want to try but have never found a thong they like, the Hanky Panky one is apparently the one to try.

I think so too, but I think to start off they can be a bit scary. The very thin ones I mean.

cecil

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:
I've never really seen the point of wearing both panties (of any kind) and a longish girdle, except maybe in super cold climates. Since there's a slip over the girdle, that covers any bumps of garters. So no panties makes it a lot simpler.

Yeah, this! Remember that wearing tight underwear close to the skin in the um, restroom regions, is a pretty new thing. Contrary to popular opinion, it's not slutty or unhygienic to not wear tight modern panties or a thong all the time, so don't be afraid to not wear anything. I only really wear them to protect my clothes when I'm wearing pants or shorts. Boooo, panties.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Yeah, any closed-bottom girdle with no panties - more laundry and wearing out the elasticity. That's why I don't wear them usually. But clearly I'm a prude, what with the wearing of underwear with girdles and such. I shall resolve to be more dangerous!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My main reason for wearing panties with OB girdles is the frequent skirt-raising wind we have downtown -- when I'm out in front of the theatre changing the letters on the marquee, I don't want to take a chance on a sudden gust raising the curtains. I may be in the exhibition business, but not *that* kind of exhibition.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
My main reason for wearing panties with OB girdles is the frequent skirt-raising wind we have downtown -- when I'm out in front of the theatre changing the letters on the marquee, I don't want to take a chance on a sudden gust raising the curtains. I may be in the exhibition business, but not *that* kind of exhibition.

but just think....that sort of thing might move your town up into the 'Coolest small town in America' ratings next year. lol

cecil

A-List Customer
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Yeah, any closed-bottom girdle with no panties - more laundry and wearing out the elasticity. That's why I don't wear them usually. But clearly I'm a prude, what with the wearing of underwear with girdles and such. I shall resolve to be more dangerous!

Oh, I was just talking about OBGs. When I sit down I'm just sitting on my slip, so the slip is what I wash.

cecil

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:

Ooh-er!! lol Yes, on a windy day recently I begrudgingly gave up breeziness to protect my modesty.

1*Cool*Kitten

One of the Regulars
xitsvivx said:
i can see how that could work whilst wearing a garter belt... but what about corselettes and long lined open bottom girdles?
My G'ma always put on a pair of "boxer short" type "silkies". I want to say she reffered to them as her "Tap Pants"! but upon attempting to get into this whole "foundation garments" thing down, for the better looks of the dresses & such, I have attempted to find these items (ie "Tap Pants" or "Silkies")& can't! SO,now comes.... my daughter! (a quick wited 32 year old!) said to me "Mom, you can get men's silk boxer shorts at any of the big 3 stores!![walmart,kmart,kohl's]That would be PERFECT for your delema!" I said "yeah but i don't want that huge peice of elastic gathered band around the waist area as I already have the "lady lumps" of middle age vieing(sp) for that area!"HA! she then says to me "well,use the seam ripper to get that area free, take out the elastic & put in your draw string like what we use on our pantaloons for the other reenactments we participate in!DugH!Besides!that will lengthen the croch to waist depth for your added comfort as well!" oh so smart! Such a smartie pants too! so theres an idea of the over the girdle,corseltte situation!plus your covered if you slip & fall on a cube of ice! Just sayin'!lol

swinggal

One Too Many
I have many pairs of these. They are really great if you like wearing an undie/girls/suspender combo. All I do when I go to the loo is take them down like ordinary knickers and the stockings roll down naturally. Some of them even have detatchable stocking clips :) I have both short and longer ones. Stockings tend to shift less in the undie style too :)

madeleine%27s+girdle.jpg

sheer-black-vintage-girdle-panties-with-garters-and-lace.jpg

I needed a a black pair once to I made my own out of a new black girldle type pair of control briefs - mid thigh length. All I did was go to Spotlight (big sewing chain here in Oz) and bought some black suspender straps and sewed them on. It's nice to wear the vintage ones too, but sometimes newer things that still have that vintage look are more comfortable.

swinggal

One Too Many
Here are some more that I like. There wear still making these right up to the 70s. The floral blue ones are from the 60s. I know most of these aren't 30s or 40s vintage but the ones I have are and these ones would still be really useful to have :)

girdle87.JPG

girdle94.JPG

girdle102.JPG

girdle106.JPG

girdle107.JPG

Miss_Bella_Hell

Well, I wore some high waisted regular panties OVER my cincher last night and I have to admit it worked great! I guess I have to invest in some grannie panties (as I call them).

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Tap panties were available in the 80's. At least they were as part of a Tap panty and camisole sets.

There are still patterns for these out there too, and they are easy to make. Kwik Sew's lingere book has the pattern. And I think the Singer Sewing Lingere book from as recently as the 90's shows how to sew them.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
You can still get vintage-style high-waisted tap pants -- look for Nancy King style 9193 -- I get mine from Satin Rose Intimates. They had been discontinued for a while, but now are back -- not inexpensive, but they're comfortable and durable and do the job.

Note that they do run small, so you might want to go a size up from what you'd ordinarily wear, especially if you intend on wearing them over a girdle.

swinggal

One Too Many
Hey Cupcake!! A fellow Perthian...cool. I'm more of a 30s early 40s collector and a lot of that stuff is long gone as I have been collecting vintage for 10 years.

Most of the vintage things I have are from shops that no longer exist in Perth anymore but I still op shop a lot and you can find stuff there - but only on occassion. As I said too, I have recently bought quite a few new 'structure' undergarments from Big W of all places. They are very girldle like but the modern fabrics are more comfy to wear. I added my own suspenders to them (which are removable) which I acquired from Spotlight in both black and flesh colours.

The amount of vintage clothing stores we used to have here was amazing at one point. Petticoat Junction, Mums (she had soooo much vintage), there were even two in the city. Sadly, most of my things come from ebay or esty now or from trips east. If you are into 50s style my dancing friends in Sydney run a store and they have some great dresses.
http://www.retrospecd.com/

Really good quality and all made from original patterns. They have a shop and I think the garments are priced pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21