Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How young is too young to wear a Fedora?

stylin

Familiar Face
I'm 32 yrs old but appear to be 22-25 yrs old (so others have said) I have a baby face and a thin weight 150lbs at 5'8. I've even been mistaken as my wife's kid once!! (no joke!) I've been carded as well.

AM I too young to wear the Fedora lid? Inquiring minds wanta know....

RedPop4

One Too Many
I bought both of my boys Indy hats at Disney MGM Studios. My 9 1/2 year old wears his. My 6 year old got the one with the thin leather band. He doesn't wear his as much, but then, he puts on hats/caps and takes them off almsot immediately.

I wonder how he's going to play baseball doing that. But the older one will wear his and he looks GOOD.

stylin

Familiar Face
Thank you gentleman for the confidence to proceed with the new head gear.
I'm sure I'll be posting on a regular basis. Enjoy your lids and keep the melon underneath safe!

Thanks again,

stylin:cheers1:

Magus

Practically Family
Ok...ReSTraiNing Selfffff...will not post tawdry double...triple ...quadruple entendres!! Willl Not...

I started wearing them at 16...when I still looked 12....so...yep...your old enough

M

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
stylin said:
Thank you gentleman for the confidence to proceed with the new head gear.
I'm sure I'll be posting on a regular basis. Enjoy your lids and keep the melon underneath safe!

Thanks again,

stylin:cheers1:

I would think anyone from Neverland would know everything about youngsters.:icon_smil

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
How young is too young?

When my wife is expecting, I'll ask her to swallow a tiny fedora. The embryo will end up looking like this: :fedora:

The milkman, in his off hours, may wear a fedora, but the sparkle in his eye may not.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
How young is too young? The answer is not 7, which is the age of my son, Brad, here:

brad_hat.jpg

That's a Barbisio, size 6 1/2, in midnight blue, complete with trolley cord!

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
I would say for a fedora at least traditionally 13 if your Jewish assuming you have a bar mitzvah and 13- 15 if your a sect of christianity and if your not religous probably in my opinion at least 13 until then the kids can wear a newsboy cap. Just How I would follow the tradtion but what ever seems fit.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Well I'd Say...

Too young to wear a fedora is when it's physically impossible for a child to wear a fedora.. like.. fetus age. Unless Marc's idea of having his signifigant other swallow a fedora works, that is. Question is.. do you christen a child with a fedora before after cutting the umbilical cord? I plan on buying one for my nephew one as soon as he's big enough (I can't afford a custom fedora for a one year old). Well, i'm going to go off to my basement laboratory and devise a fedora implantation device for fetuses (or is it feti?)....

RedPop4

One Too Many
Here are a couple of shots of myself and my boys misbehaving a bit. ;) They're wearing my hats in this shot, I still need to get some photos of them in their OWN hats. My older son can fit in some of my lids, and he doesn't mind that a bit.

P2090144.sized.jpg

P2090145.sized.jpg

P2090146.sized.jpg

It's the same basic photo, but they had fun.[angel]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points