Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a new favorite sweet vermouth: Cocchi

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I'm a cocktail snob. I admit it. Ingredients matter and one that is often times overlooked is sweet vermouth. The majority of the cocktails I like have sweet vermouth. Up until now my favorite was Carpano Antica Formula. While at the amazing Baxter Inn speakeasy in Sydney Australia, I was introduced to Cocchi sweet vermouth. I just found a bottle at a local supplier and brought home to put it through the paces. In the end I liked it more than Carpano. If you haven't had the pleasure, I highly recommend trying it. Enjoy!

ac43c420f3e7e636d2441443824d9e16.jpg

gear-guy

Practically Family
I'm a cocktail snob. I admit it. Ingredients matter and one that is often times overlooked is sweet vermouth. The majority of the cocktails I like have sweet vermouth. Up until now my favorite was Carpano Antica Formula. While at the amazing Baxter Inn speakeasy in Sydney Australia, I was introduced to Cocchi sweet vermouth. I just found a bottle at a local supplier and brought home to put it through the paces. In the end I liked it more than Carpano. If you haven't had the pleasure, I highly recommend trying it. Enjoy!

View attachment 19661

Thanks for the info.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Cocchi also makes a really excellent white, Americano, which is an excellent stand in for the type of sweeter dry vermouths that are no longer made. Try some in a "Martinez" with Old Thom gin, a dash of bitters, and a twist of lemon.

7-97_400.jpg

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I had a Martinez cocktail at the American Bar at the Savoy. My friend ordered it first. By the description of the ingredients, I didn't like I would care for it due to the dry vermouth. But it was fantastic. Perhaps it was mixed with Cocchi Americano.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points