Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Playing around with my New Fed and I have the front pinch pretty much the way I like. I figure over time it'll form on its own.

I've been looking and looking some more at the diamond, which is what's on my CD and the first crease I went with on this hat.

Something happened and the two points of the diamond popped out and the Center Dent was there. So decided to try it.

I'm really liking it!

I didn't get the Fed because of Indy or anything like that. Not going for any styles or such. Just love hats.

Thoughts?

3ffff3c509c41964fbd4bf2818c35581.jpg

d4f4e948aaf6747f3906b1152ed0af16.jpg

aadacd59b096776130a1e61d21d6acd4.jpg

e55d656a8905411e6e16913da052d622.jpg

fdf242a17cbf99da7e25b2ffc525c845.jpg

Tried to show the profile, so thought the natural light would do it. For some reason, really like this profile.

This is my highest crown yet! Not too tall is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just right.

d4f4e948aaf6747f3906b1152ed0af16.jpg

...This is my highest crown yet! Not too tall is it?
This photo says it all for me. The crown height, the brim width and swoop; I think it's the perfect hat for you.

I found your comments about the rake (or lack of) interesting. My only Heritage Grade Akubra is also a Moonstone Fed IV, and it wanted no rake whatsoever. I like at least a little rake on my hats so it took a little time for me to get used to it, but now I don't even notice it. Fortunately it was okay with the Teardrop crease, 'cause I can't wear a Center Dent; my apparently enormous head pushes it out/up from the inside as soon as I put it on.

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
This photo says it all for me. The crown height, the brim width and swoop; I think it's the perfect hat for you.

I found your comments about the rake (or lack of) interesting. My only Heritage Grade Akubra is also a Moonstone Fed IV, and it wanted no rake whatsoever. I like at least a little rake on my hats so it took a little time for me to get used to it, but now I don't even notice it. Fortunately it was okay with the Teardrop crease, 'cause I can't wear a Center Dent; my apparently enormous head pushes it out/up from the inside as soon as I put it on.

Thanks Zombie!!

There is about a 1/8th of an inch clearance between the hat and my head. I did have the back of the crease pushed down a little further, but raised it to account for space.

I did a little bit of reading about the Center Crease, and I guess it all depends on how deep you want your crease and also crown height. Didn't realize that the simplest crease had so much talk about. Haha

Eliesti

A-List Customer
Playing around with my New Fed and I have the front pinch pretty much the way I like. I figure over time it'll form on its own.

I've been looking and looking some more at the diamond, which is what's on my CD and the first crease I went with on this hat.

Something happened and the two points of the diamond popped out and the Center Dent was there. So decided to try it.

I'm really liking it!

I didn't get the Fed because of Indy or anything like that. Not going for any styles or such. Just love hats.

Thoughts?

Tried to show the profile, so thought the natural light would do it. For some reason, really like this profile.

This is my highest crown yet! Not too tall is it?

Looks great! It's such a versatile hat! Great purchase!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I'm a fan of the Fed IV but never bought one because I don't want another hat in any of the colours offered.

So I asked Akubra if there was any interest in making a Bluegrass Green version.

The reply wasn't encouraging:

Hi David

Thank you for your enquiry.

There are no plans to make the federation in Bluegrass at this stage. To be honest there really isn’t the demand. The Bluegrass is not a popular colour, we offer it as an optional colour for a few selected styles as our records show that those in particular have sold most in the colour. You can view those styles by clicking to link below.

http://www.akubra.com.au/shop/produ...=&search[price][min]=1&search[price][max]=400

Hope this is of help!

Cheers,

Kind Regards,

Annalise Bell
Akubra Hats Pty Limited
Tel 61 2 6562 6177
Fax 61 2 6562 8726
www.akubra.com.au

<image001.jpg>

Date: Sunday, 11 September 2016 at 12:50 PM
To: Sales Manager <salesenquiries@akubra.com.au>, Andrew Angus <andrew@akubra.com.au>
Subject: Product Enquiry Website

Submission from "Product Enquiry"

Product Enquiry
Name David Holliday
Email davidholliday@gmail.com
Phone -
What is your enquiry about Fed IV
Your Message Hi guys,

I have several of hats and I'm wondering if you are ever going to make a version of the Fed IV in the Bluegrass Green felt.

I have a Campdraft in this colour and would love a Fed IV too.

Cheers!
David
Upload Picture/s
Submitted from page http://www.akubra.com.au/form-builder/form/index/form/7951

Cap_7597

A-List Customer
I'm a fan of the Fed IV but never bought one because I don't want another hat in any of the colours offered.

So I asked Akubra if there was any interest in making a Bluegrass Green version.

The reply wasn't encouraging:

Hi David

Thank you for your enquiry.

There are no plans to make the federation in Bluegrass at this stage. To be honest there really isn’t the demand. The Bluegrass is not a popular colour, we offer it as an optional colour for a few selected styles as our records show that those in particular have sold most in the colour. You can view those styles by clicking to link below.

http://www.akubra.com.au/shop/produ...=&search[price][min]=1&search[price][max]=400

Hope this is of help!

Cheers,

Kind Regards,

Annalise Bell
Akubra Hats Pty Limited
Tel 61 2 6562 6177
Fax 61 2 6562 8726
www.akubra.com.au

<image001.jpg>

Date: Sunday, 11 September 2016 at 12:50 PM
To: Sales Manager <salesenquiries@akubra.com.au>, Andrew Angus <andrew@akubra.com.au>
Subject: Product Enquiry Website

Submission from "Product Enquiry"

Product Enquiry
Name David Holliday
Email davidholliday@gmail.com
Phone -
What is your enquiry about Fed IV
Your Message Hi guys,

I have several of hats and I'm wondering if you are ever going to make a version of the Fed IV in the Bluegrass Green felt.

I have a Campdraft in this colour and would love a Fed IV too.

Cheers!
David
Upload Picture/s
Submitted from page http://www.akubra.com.au/form-builder/form/index/form/7951

That's a shame David. I just received a BBG Campdraft today, and it would be a great Fed too!!!

Tanks for the info!
:)

RJR

Some time ago they made a special Lounge version of the Campdraft. I forget how many were needed.

There's a thread on the topic somewhere.
I believe that inquiry was made about another Lounge special in the last year or so ......they weren't interested.How's my memory Loungers?

I believe that inquiry was made about another Lounge special in the last year or so ......they weren't interested.How's my memory Loungers?
That was in the Akubra Campdraft thread. Lounger Duper contacted Sam at Everything Australian in December of 2013 about a special run of Campdrafts in Black with a 2-5/8" brim, but there ultimately wasn't much interest. Subsequent to that there was discussion about changing the color to Fawn or Bran, but word came back through Sam that Akubra had no interest in doing a special run regardless of the color, so the discussion ended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto