Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had to pick one DRINK from the Golden Era...

Uberneot

New in Town
Pick your poison...

You can list an alcoholic and non-alcoholic if you like, or no alcoholic at all for the teetotalers among us...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Shirley Temple? I don't drink much alcohol.

Or good old Coca Cola out of the glass bottle with a straw that keeps raising up and being pesky thanks to the carbonation.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Sometimes it's just fun to get drunk... sometimes it's more fun to watch others get drunk.

I rarely drink though when I do I I'm a bit on the frilly side. Jack and Coke is okay, though I like this.
\/

Tokyo Iced Tea

1 oz vodka
1 oz gin
1 oz rum
1 oz tequila
2 oz kiwi liqueur
1 oz sugar syrup
7-Up?Ç¬Æ soda

Mix the alcohol. Add sugar syrup, ice, and 7-up to taste. Garnish add pieces of lemon. Stir.

Otherwise I'll have a Coca-Cola.

Uberneot

New in Town
Matt Deckard said:
Tokyo Iced Tea

1 oz vodka
1 oz gin
1 oz rum
1 oz tequila
2 oz kiwi liqueur
1 oz sugar syrup
7-Up?Ç¬Æ soda
Mix the alcohol. Add sugar syrup, ice, and 7-up to taste. Garnish with/add pieces of lemon. Stir.

Otherwise I'll have a Coca-Cola.

Wow Matt, that sounds amazing. I don't drink often so I think this would put me on the floor pretty quick. I'm surprised I've never heard of this one.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Very Dry Martini

Put wet martini glasses in freezer until frosted. Fill shaker with ice chips. Mix Boodles extra dry gin, just a spritz of extra dry vermouth, shaken not stirred with ice chips. Strain into ice cold glass, a few tiny ice chips in it if you wish, and as many olives, caperberries and/or onions as you like.

Drink up and you will have a great buzz in just a few sips.

A simple Scotch drink: Jack Daniels with ice and water, suit to taste. If you have a little money, get Gentleman Jack or Johnny Walker Black Label. If you are on a budget, Early Times or JD will dol.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Very Dry Martini

Put wet martini glasses in freezer until frosted. Fill shaker with ice chips. Mix Boodles extra dry gin, just a spritz of extra dry vermouth, shaken not stirred with ice chips. Strain into ice cold glass, a few tiny ice chips in it if you wish, and as many olives, caperberries and/or onions as you like.

A simple Scotch drink: Jack Daniels with ice and water, suit to taste. If you have a little money, get Gentleman Jack or Johnny Walker Black Label. If you are on a budget, Early Times or JD will dol.

karol

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, this blonde likes Singapore Slings. I prefer sweet, froufrou drinks?¢‚Ǩ‚Äùyou know, the kind that make you sick if you have too many!

Anyone ever try a Dirty Martini (made with extra olive juice)? I don't care for them myself, but several of my friends love them.

Thursby

New in Town
Simple yet effective

Vodka Gimmlet:

desired amount of vodka
add lime juice and wedge

i have no set amounts of either, but when making them for myself and the wife, her's always ends up the more green. :D

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
K.D. Lightner said:

karol

Karol stole my post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ