Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
In the spirit of recent posts, I thought I'd ask, and see if I got any bites:

If you had to name the Golden Era celebrity you most resemble (either physically, or in attitude/personality), who would it be?

And now the kicker; I'm still trying to think of mine... ;)

Simon82

One of the Regulars
I'd, I'd, I'd have to go with J-J-Jimmmy STEWart!

Every now and then, someone will remark that I look like Jimmy Stewart (or that I could be related), and especially when I was very thin, versus my medium weight now. I look more like him with a fedora on, too, though my wife thinks I look a lot like he did in "Rear Window" (he was hatless and in pajamas the entire picture), and have his mannerisms.

My dad was mistaken for James Stewart twice. Once in the 60s while in his Air Force uniform aboard a plane, some teenage girls asked for his autograph, not realizing that by that time, Jimmy would've been a good 30 years older than my dad (maybe they hadn't seen any of his then-recent movies). The second time was in the 80s, when a group of Korean businessmen surrounded my dad in the Seoul airport, also asking for an autograph.

At 5'9", I'm a good bit shorter than Jimmy was, but when I'm at my thinnest, I guess I can see it.

Simon

Wild Root

Gone Home
I would have to say James Stewart as well. My mother tells me that I remind her of Stewart with my old suits and hats. I'm also 6'3" just tall as he was and well, I'm almost as thin and some have told me that they see some resemblance. I also like his attitude and mild manners. He's one of my favorite actors and when people tell me that I remind them of him, I'm honored.

Here's to the James Stewarts of the lounge :cheers1:

WR.

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Here, here, Root! :cheers1:

I can definitely see the resemblance to our hero in your avatar. :)

Sometimes, I wish I were 6'3" (my brother is 6'2" and my dad 6'1"), but I fit better in plane seats and hotel beds, I guess.

I'm kind of a Jimmy Stewart nut -- I own about 8 biographies of the man, and several of his movies as well. Even do a halfway-decent imitation of his voice (but then, who *doesn't*?).

Ever been to his hometown of Indiana, Pennsylvania? We used to live a few hours away, and it was well worth the trip.

A great man, quiet but deep in his patriotism, and in his respect for all his fellow men and women.

Simon

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I can't really think of one which fits. Perhaps an early Peter Lorre as in "M" but I am a little too tall and not quite wierd enough for a true Lorre.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Embarassing

I don't get any golden era comparisons, but I do get a more modern one often - Brendan Fraser.
fraser.jpg

I think it's because we have the same hair.

Sometimes I get Robert Downey Jr.
downey.jpg

Of course, I think I look, as my best friend says, like Shemp.
shemp.jpg

My friend, I might add, is bald as a cue ball. :)

Today at The Bank, the teller said that I always looked like a 40's movie star. "The hats, clothes - even your hair."
I have to remember to bring her flowers.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
It's been a long time, but, when I was in my teens and early 20's, some people compared me in looks to Doris Day. Except my teeth weren't as large as hers.

The other actress, not Golden Age, that I resembled in my mid-to-late 20's was Jane Fonda, at least in profile and face shape.

Can't think of anyone else -- would loved to have looked somewhat like Bergman, but no, I had to look like Doris Day. Oh well, as they say, ka-sara- sara...

My father, by the way, was a dead ringer for James Cagney. People came up to him when he visited Southern California and wanted his autograph. Cagney, however, was a good 15 years older than my father.

karol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I have no idea who I look like. Some people have said Audrey Hepburn. Some people have said I look like Tori Amos for modern people. Anyone have any suggestions? I think I look a little like Marlene Dietrich in this one, but that's not really how I normally look:
pinup4.gif

I guess as far as personality I'm a mix between Myrna Loy and Ginger Rogers. Every once in a while they'll say or do something in one of their movies that reminds me at once of me. Like in Swing Time, I think it was, that Ginger said in a wierd voice, "How do you like my dress?" then tells him it's a cape. Or in the Thin Man movies when Myrna Loy is super stubborn and sly in comments, then trips over things. So I guess the geeky things they do- that's me. :)

RhodoraM21

New in Town
I actually could see the resemblance to Audry Hepburn, but your indeed a really beautiful girl.And as for Wild Root i could see his personalty like Mr.James S.For myself i always get from old folks that i look like one of there girlfriends back in the day or a friend etc but is nice to hear such thing, but as for someone famous i don't know...

Bebop

Practically Family
I have to say, Lauren, you have the most incredible bone structure to your face. Classic beauty. Amazing, hypnotic eyes and beautiful hair. You look very much like a celebrity from the Golden Era. I have never been told I look like someone from the Golden Era. The closest I ever get is my mother telling me I look like a younger Al Pacino. But then again, she likes me.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wow! You guys are really nice! Thank you for the lovely compliments!

Wingnut, I can definately see Mr. Astaire in you.

Thursby

New in Town
Bit of a stretch

If my hair is done right, i'm clean shaven and everything else is in my favour. Then at a stretch i think, and have been told one that i could be a young Cary Grant. Which i have no problem with.

Mimi Thomas

New in Town
Most people say Marilyn, but I think it's just the hair. Though my husband says my coloring and facial features are similar. My measurements are almost the same, but I'm a bit shorter...it's quite a compliment, so I'll take it!

EstherGinger

New in Town
My mom says I look like either Carole Lombard or Ginger Rogers or a mix of both. I don't exactly see the resemblance, but can one ever really see it themselves? Not a golden era star, but from the golden era, I look most like my grandmother, which I can see a bit, but I don't think I'm as beautiful as she was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk