Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Going To Italy.....

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Much appreciated......

Marchesa Luisa said:
Do pop by for a cup of absinthe if you're ever in Venice.
.....but I'm going nowhere near Venice. ;)

Well, I'm off guys. This flight will be hard on me physically, wish me luck. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna miss this place, even if it is only for a week. [huh]

Arrivederci

bolthead

As You Can See....I'm Back.

Well, it was a very eventful trip, to say the least. We got a lot accomplished in a very short time period. I wasn't able to see as much as I'd like to due to time restraints.

I'm disappointed that I was unable to purchase a hat while there. I did see the Borsalino Shop, but didn't have time to even enter it, or get pics. I was able to get into another one though (Mutinelli) and got just a few pics. I must say, they weren't very friendly, never even approached me while I was scouring the place. There were mostly Borsos and Barbisos. There was one other brand that appealed to me, but like I said, nobody approached me and I don't know the language.

I did get to see the cathedral, which words can't even describe. I have a lot of amazing pics of that. We seen the train station because we had to take a train down to Parma for a day. The architecture is amazing.

We also seen an old castle that was near the cathedral, it was massive, and I have some great pics of that as well.

The food was incredible, and yes I did try the risotto.I was fortunate enough to sample some fantastic wine daily/nightly, as well as some unique Grappa. :D

Overall, the trip was very hectic, a lot of traveling, (walking and flying), but it was very impressive and well worth it. A once in a lifetime event.

I must say that our layover in Ireland was amazing as well,even if we didn't leave the terminal. :D Great food, nice shops and Outstanding Guiness. :D

I got some great shots of it in the air as we were leaving. I also got some totally amazing shots of the Alps as we were leaving....and some super sunset shots in the air.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with advice and tips, much appreciated....and a special thanks to Tort. :eusa_clap

I have some amazing pictures that I wouldn't mind sharing, but I don't know if it would be off topic showing them here, so I'll wait for advice from the Bartenders.

Speaking of Bartenders. I noticed while I was gone that Dinerman was promoted. I just want to say that they made a great choice and it's well diserved. Congrats Spence. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Bolthead, great, you're back! I'm very pleased you had, at the very least, a peephole view of "old Europe" and in that, you are fortunate. Travel widens the mind...
Of course you had no time. Figgers... (SP).
:eek:fftopic: How were the Italian trade union people? I'm sort of curious; to me (and I might be wrong) there's a world of difference between European and American approaches of the subject. Feel free NOT to reply to this, though.
Grappa eh? Hmmm.... I don't ever drink it any more (diabetes), but...in my day...yup. The bad ones cause impressive headaches.
Paolo

bolthead

How were the Italian trade union people? I'm sort of curious; to me (and I might be wrong) there's a world of difference between European and American approaches of the subject.

Yes, you are correct, they are a world of difference, yet we seem to connect and had some similar tendencies. They are very political minded, themselves and of course, their unions, which are 2. It was extremely interesting to talk to them at the meetings, but the language barrier made things a bit difficult. [huh]

D

demian

Marchesa Luisa said:
Do pop by for a cup of absinthe if you're ever in Venice.

I may just take you up on that....absinthe I have never tried.

Auguri.

PS: I Love the photo within your post.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Welcome back! You must've had time for a few espressos. And yes, that train station is awesome! I got a neck-ache from craning around in there for the hour before the train took off.

Did you bring (and wear) your roll-up Borsalino?

bolthead

yessir....

randooch said:
Welcome back! You must've had time for a few espressos. And yes, that train station is awesome! I got a neck-ache from craning around in there for the hour before the train took off.

Did you bring (and wear) your roll-up Borsalino?
You betcha, I also brought my Olive Sovereign.
It was funny, I didn't see anyone wearing fedoras when I got there, for nearly a whole day. The 1st one I seen was a cheap Black Wool. :eusa_doh:

The 1st borso I seen was also a black thin banded. Then it seemed almost every one after that was the same, new Black borsos, thin leather band. I finally seen another color, but the same hat. It wasn't until 3 days in before I seen my 1st Vintage lid. I was amazed. People were looking at me like, what the heck are you wearing an old man's hat for? No younger guys wore wearing any hats at all, I guess they didn't wanna mess up their hair. [huh] :D

At least I felt like I fit in with my vintage Black wool car coat and a gray scarf to match my lid.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
bolthead said:
I have some amazing pictures that I wouldn't mind sharing, but I don't know if it would be off topic showing them here, so I'll wait for advice from the Bartenders.
I ain't a barkeep but I say let it rip. I'd like to see every pic you shot; mind you, I collect pix.[huh]

Garrett

bolthead said:
I have over 150....don't think that's possible.....I'll send you a disc. :D

Thanks Bart.....;)

Bolt has as many pics as I have hats!

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
bolthead said:
Yes, you are correct, they are a world of difference, yet we seem to connect and had some similar tendencies. They are very political minded, themselves and of course, their unions, which are 2. It was extremely interesting to talk to them at the meetings, but the language barrier made things a bit difficult. [huh]

(1) thanks for the reply
(2) pretty much as I thought
(3) you know about the three elements: the bolt, the head of the bolt, and the nut. Without the three, there ain't no noggin to cover lol

bolthead

Clever.....

PabloElFlamenco said:
(1) thanks for the reply
(2) pretty much as I thought
(3) you know about the three elements: the bolt, the head of the bolt, and the nut. Without the three, there ain't no noggin to cover lol
I'd expect nothing less from you......:D

bolthead

Here's a tease....

Bartenders, if this is out of context....please see fit to move or eliminate. Thanks. ;)

The Cathedral.....

Italy2009010.jpg
Italy2009008.jpg
Italy2009015.jpg

The Castle.....

Italy2009077.jpg
Italy2009078.jpg
Italy2009079.jpg

Italy2009090.jpg
Italy2009060.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads