Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

Feraud

Bartender
What is the current news regarding Indy IV?
Talk of a 4th movie has been floating around for years. It there anything new worth mentioning?
Thanks.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Hey! I heard the title for the new Jones movie -

INDIANA JONES AND THE ANNUAL COLONOSCOPY!

Plot - Indiana, presently recovering from a little "work" performed by an infamous Beverly Hills "doctor', in an attempt to free his aging father from the evil clutches of the Sunny Days Rest Home and its proprieter, Dr. Geritol, enlists the help of his now wheel-chair bound compatriot Sahla, his former protege (who now runs Honda Motors) Short Round and his first love, Marion and her four grand-children to infiltrate the nefarious organization whose headquarters reside on the ancient burial ground of the Amway Tribe in beautiful downtown Burbank, California. Will he succeed? It DEPENDS.

It's a must see!

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Sadly enough that plot is probably more solid than the last INDY based video game. Please GOD let them make a good movie lol.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Well I admit they werent the best but I could stomach them because I love Indy.

Although the holy grail was a bit much... lol

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
BJonas said:
To quote jake_fink:
As far as Indy 4 goes, I'm scared, actually frightened, that George Lucas will rape and destroy yet another childhood playground of mine.

I'm not too worried. Lucas wont be directing. Spielberg is still in the Director's chair. Lets hope they get a better script than the War ofthe Worlds Remake.

Its interesting that Lucas has been the one rejecting the earlier scripts.

I wonder about the rumour of NataliePortman playing Idy's daughter.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Thank goodness theres nothing in Raiders to remaster!
Well maybe all those crazy lightnign bolts at the end.

Didn't they digitially clean up some of the mechanical effects. The reflection of the cobra on the glass between it and Harrison Ford, for example, or the log that was used to tip the truck that exploded (leading Indy to believe Marion had been killed).

Feraud

Bartender
jake_fink said:
Didn't they digitially clean up some of the mechanical effects. The reflection of the cobra on the glass between it and Harrison Ford, for example, or the log that was used to tip the truck that exploded (leading Indy to believe Marion had been killed).
Yes, they cleaned up the cobra scene. I read Lucas wanted the swordsman to shoot first but outraged fans gave Lucas some pause with regards to changing too much.

Feraud

Bartender
MrBern said:
Was that Lucas or Spielberg's call?

Anyone see that cartoon parody? SavingPrivateRyan's NormandyBeach sequence redone w/o guns, just walkietalkies. I think it was on FAMILYGUY.
I am sorry to have missed that one. South Park did a take on the Lucas/Spielberg revisions. The kids try to save Lucas' movies from himself. I remember a really funny Raiders of the Lost Ark sequence.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Old20Indy.jpg

Another aging 'Indy' shot from the files.

-dixon cannon

Doh!

One Too Many
MrBern said:
I'll jsut say one thing about GeorgeLucas.
Empire StrikeBack was arguably the best directed of all the StarWars films. And it was not directed by Lucas.

After watching the new trilogy, I started to wonder if he really directed American Graffiti himself; that's STILL a brilliant film and I see nothing of the same talent in his subsequent work.

As long as Spielberg directs Indy 4, at least it'll be competent filmmaking, regardless of how bad the script might be.

I hope.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
SHIA LaBeouf

FullReport
Producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg announced Friday that LaBeouf will appear alongside Harrison Ford in the fourth installment of the adventure franchise, scheduled for release May 22, 2008. Production is set to begin in June.

Paramount, a division of Viacom Inc., declined Friday to say what role LaBeouf would be playing.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm disgusted to hear that they're obviously going the Indy-meets-the-son-he-never-knew-he-had-by-Marion-or-Willie route. I realize that this continues the character arc of Indy coming to terms with his own father in Last Crusade, and allows them to go for a bunch of finally-having-to-admit-he's-no-longer-young story points... but after all the scripts, rewrites, and delays, I was hoping for a more original approach.

OTOH, it's not like the Indy films haven't been highly traditional (besides retro) from the start. Let's just hope that Spielberg (who has continued to grow as a filmaker) can reign in Lucas (who has actually been getting worse ever since American Graffiti) in terms of unbelivable acting and over-reliance on special effects!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana