Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Can't go wrong with the classic Aero 1930s Half Belt! Here's one from our stock page in Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide--https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/featured-stock/products/aero-1930s-half-belt-size-42-dark-seal-vicenza-horsehide-1

Aero 1930s Half Belt Dark Seal Vicenza front.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Dark Seal Vicenza back.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Dark Seal Vicenza Ogilvy of Airlie Ancient tartan lining.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Dark Seal Vicenza tag.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Dark Seal Vicenza chest pocket.jpg
Aero 1930s Half Belt Dark Seal Vicenza yoke.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just about to pack up this beautiful custom Aero Highwayman in Black Vicenza Horsehide! The MacBeth Modern tartan looks amazing with the black leather... This jacket was made with riding-specific features like zip sleeves and shoulder gussets. Contact us at info@thurston-bros.com to reserve your fit jacket and get started on your Fall Aero order!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Highwayman Black Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Highwayman Black Vicenza Horsehide MacBeth Modern tartan lining.jpg
Aero Highwayman Black Vicenza Horsehide tag.jpg
Aero Highwayman Black Vicenza Horsehide chest pocket.jpg
Aero Highwayman Black Vicenza Horsehide back.jpg
Aero Highwayman Black Vicenza Horsehide shoulder gusseta.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Just about to pack up this beautiful custom Aero Highwayman in Black Vicenza Horsehide! The MacBeth Modern tartan looks amazing with the black leather... This jacket was made with riding-specific features like zip sleeves and shoulder gussets. Contact us at info@thurston-bros.com to reserve your fit jacket and get started on your Fall Aero order!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

View attachment 53022 View attachment 53023 View attachment 53024 View attachment 53025 View attachment 53026 View attachment 53027

I think I know this one? If so, my friend is going to be very happy!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We're in love with the Blue Vicenza for Summer...the medium weight of the Vicenza makes it a great temperate weather jacket and the blue hails right out of the SoCal 1960s! It's not too late to create your Summer jacket with our easy fit process--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

View attachment 52018 View attachment 52019 View attachment 52020

View attachment 52021 View attachment 52022 View attachment 52024

Carrie- what style is this???
Thanks

Absolutely...it looks quite good too!

Here are some photos of a customer's jacket...he added shoulder gussets to his custom Board Racer build to achieve a tad more mobility in the shoulders and upper back--

View attachment 53265 View attachment 53266

This is exactly something I would like! But BR doesn't have a mid panel, if I am not mistaken. The gussets extend all the way to the mid/side seam, right? Man, it's good to know that! Thanks, Carrie! I'll definitely have this in mind.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This is exactly something I would like! But BR doesn't have a mid panel, if I am not mistaken. The gussets extend all the way to the mid/side seam, right? Man, it's good to know that! Thanks, Carrie! I'll definitely have this in mind.

Correct...the Board Racer doesn't have side-panels, so the gussets on the Board Racer extend to the side seam of the jacket... :)

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Correct...the Board Racer doesn't have side-panels, so the gussets on the Board Racer extend to the side seam of the jacket... :)

Hmmm ... this might be the answer to my CR vs BR conundrum! Carrie, what's your advice on Board Racer in this back configuration - mid seam or plain like this one? Also pros and cons of that kidney panel - looks only or serves specific purpose? Thank you!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hmmm ... this might be the answer to my CR vs BR conundrum! Carrie, what's your advice on Board Racer in this back configuration - mid seam or plain like this one? Also pros and cons of that kidney panel - looks only or serves specific purpose? Thank you!

We would recommend pairing the shoulder gussets with the J-100 back (straight yoke with no split seam or kidney panel) or with the kidney panel only (no split seam). The kidney panel doesn't have a function, so it's more about the look of the jacket!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ