Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing myself

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Well I have decided to follow ITG's advice and come out of my shell. I've already done it on COW and even managed to have someone offer to host pictures of my hat collection.
http://members15.clubphoto.com/craig649843/1821132/guest.phtml
I aspire to be like Mr Andy (drool) with his wonderful collection. All of the vintage in my collection are realtively new aquisitions and are in dire need of a cleaning (Joe Jr here I come).
Anyhow, I live in Abilene, TX (yep only two and half hours from Joe Peters :) and work for the US Air Force. My wife is active duty and has orders to Korea for a year. I am hoping to maybe get some patterns or pictures from you folks for vintage suits and have them made cheaply there ( I hear everything is real cheap there). I'll have to find a tailor that can measure me in centimeters and send the thread over with the wife as I hear they use cheap thread. But otherwise the workmanship is supposed to rival that of what's found in Hong Kong :D Thankfully my wife supports this hobby as she thinks I look much better in a Fedora than I ever did in a ballcap. I wore them for 13 years in the Navy and enough is enough. And yes, I wear some kind of fedora everyday, unless I'm in shorts.
Dusty Rhodes

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome aboard!

I have been very flattered from many people on this board, and it is truly humbling. YOUR collection is splendid, and looks EXACTLY like mine did in 1999. I must warn you, the FIRST time you buy a very high quality fedora, it is like the movie "COME FILL THE CUP" (Jimmy Cagney)..You will be hooked. I look in the closet at the ton of hat boxes and feel guilty. It is really a SICKNESS..an OBSESSION;)

I hopy you enjoy this board, and I would like to thank you and your wife for serving our country and keeping us safe. God Bless the USA!!

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Thanks Andy!

Thank you Andy, we are most humble and very glad to do it. Also thansk for the compliments on the collection. And you are right, it is an obsession. I just gotta get some suits now :)

Imahomer

Practically Family
Hey Dusty... Welcome aboard. Great people and great topics here. I'm curious about the name. Any connection to the baseball player with the same name?

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
My name

No no relation to him, that's a new sport figure to me with the same name. Acutally, I'm from a small town in Alabama 30 minutes west of Pensacola and an hour east of Mobile, home of that world famous wrestler Dusty Rhodes. When I was a young lad new to a Naval Avaition squadron, the Maintenace Master Chief found out this tidbit, saw my last name, christened me Dusty in front of everybody and it's stuck for the past 15 years. :) My real name is Edward but everyone calls me Dusty :) Has a better and more memorable ring if you ask me. And Glad to be here.
Dusty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana