Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction and a question

Jhorra

New in Town
Greetings all,

First let me introduce myself, I post on the Indygear forums under Jhorra as well. Personally though I love the Fedora styles hats and the vintage style dress. So that being the case I started coming here to find more information outside of just the Indy Lids. I have my collection up to four hats and I am looking at a new purchase, which brings me to my question.

I am looking at purchasing a hat I found and it is stated to be a Doran style fedora. Any idea what that may mean? I tried some google searches but came up empty.

havershaw

Practically Family
I am indeed. And at this point I've actually used it, and it's a beautiful thing. This block was modified by Fedora, who did a great, great job. I love the way the block looks.

By the way, I noticed your hat size is pretty small...I think there's a 6-7/8 block on eBay right now, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, yeah, we should have lunch or something some time.

Jhorra

New in Town
Well I can wear either a 6 7/8 or a 7 depending on the maker. I have another Fed that fits perfectly as a 7, but one that is a little big and says the same size.

Edit: Can you post a link to the block? I never know what to look for.

Jhorra

New in Town
I'm going to PM you my number, maybe we can get together this weekend. Hopefully I'll have my hat in by then. I'll bring over what I have and maybe you can give me some tips on what to look for and advice on blocking.

havershaw

Practically Family
I just PM'd you without looking at this message. By all means, bring by whatever you've got! Hope you get your new hat by then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21