Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Tinben

New in Town
Howdy. I love all hats especially my tweed walking hat. I have always been a big fan of boonie hats with short brim for work . Now that I wanna get into the fedora market I want a Biltmore stingy.

Bolero

A-List Customer
Hello all...I've worn hats all my life and that's a long time...I favor the Fedoras, then Panamas ...

Reading the Forums with great interest, just bought a Churchill from Ebay, for Fall-Winter...

Will be in touch frequently...

Bolero

Uberak

New in Town
Hello there, I'm a rather young, 19 to be exact, Michigander, specifically from the Detroit area. (I lived in the city itself for a while actually.)

I slowly gained an interest in hats and long coats over several years, acquiring a couple trenchcoats/raincoats, a duster, and several hats. Admittedly, it's probably because I'm a huge history buff. Sort of had a rough time with my family reacting negatively, at least initially. (Apparently, my new Akubra Federation is a "woman's hat" for "having a bow". :rolleyes: )

Anyways, here's my new Akubra Federation, and a photo of myself wearing one with a trenchcoat. So, perhaps being a little insecure, you folks like the look or find it silly? Apologies for the blurry image.

IMAG0790.jpg IMAG0792.jpg IMG95209212.jpg

Uberak

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Also, nice to see someone actually refer to Fort Detroit. Gets a bit tiring to hear my city being treated like it is exclusively the Motor City, especially since the sheer reliance on automobiles, especially for transportation, is one of the main factors in killing the place.

Anyways, nice to see some encouragement.

Edit: Sorry if I went a little off-topic here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Also, nice to see someone actually refer to Fort Detroit. Gets a bit tiring to hear my city being treated like it is exclusively the Motor City, especially since the sheer reliance on automobiles, especially for transportation, is one of the main factors in killing the place.

Anyways, nice to see some encouragement.

Edit: Sorry if I went a little off-topic here.

Off topic? Kinda hard to do in the Introduction thread.

I think of Detroit, I not only think of automobiles (I'm in Dayton, and our historical ties to GM and the auto industry were strong), I think of music (Motown, MC5, GFR, The Coop), Joe Louis and Elmore Leonard. Haven't been there in ages, though.

Tony Murfin

New in Town
I'd like to say hello, I've used the Lounge for a lot of good advice over the past couple of years and I will have questions to ask so thought I'd better introduce myself!

Although I wore various hats for fishing and hiking over the years, I've only considered myself a hat wearer proper since I bought my first fedora about four years ago when I acquired a black trench and felt like it needed and accompanying lid.

Since then I've acquired a few things through charity/thrift shops and a certain well-known online auction site. Depending on where you're from, I'm a 61: 7 1/2: 7 5/8 which limits the vintage options, but I have ended up with the following:

Olney fedora, fur felt, black
Bailey Tino fedora, wool felt, blue/green
Weather Hat Co., WY, pure beaver, see avatar
Olney black leather baker boy
Christy flat cap, green
Waxed cotton flat cap, unbranded
Waxed cotton brimmed hat, unbranded
Barmah 'squishy', kangaroo leather, brown
Panama, unbranded but quite nice!
Akubra Coober Pedy, bluegrass green
Akubra Cattleman, brown
Beaver Brand 'Modernage'(?), 5X fur, 'kangaroo'

Aside from some beanies for running, cycle helmet and swim caps -- and a Davida motorcycle helmet -- that's about it! Still a glaring vacancy for a quality fedora, prob. grey, for day/general wear.

Tony.

Grey Homburg

New in Town
Hello all,

I used to be a member a few years ago but haven't had a decent access to internet for longer than I can bear to recall. I came back to log in today and I've clearly forgotten my password and/or username. My username was either Snapbrim or Mercury Felt (in case anyone remembers me) and I have a collection of fur felt fedoras, trilbys, bowlers, homburgs, cowboy hats, bush hats, panamas and a silk top hat. I also enjoy suits, cuff links, bow ties, cravats, tailed coats, pocket watches, shoes, smoking pipes. I also drive vintage buses and guide sightseeing tours from London for a living.

Look forward to chatting on the forum again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points