Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irvin/B3/A2 inspirations... Burberry aviator jackets

mimesis2nemesis

One of the Regulars
Just to add mi 2 cents...

Well, The point is, in the end, that it is a jacket that you like! That, I think, is the most important part of the whole thing ;) . On another note... I really like the look of the first jacket in the pictures posted. Only downside is the price, which to me seems... huge! But What i'd do is that I'f try to get a jacket made with features like those. Just my opinion, though :p

mimaximax

New in Town
I'm not even sure to have it. A customer reserved it in Austria without putting an account.

We will see what happen. I really hope I will get it...

alfyman

One of the Regulars
This would be a great choice.
Smithy said:
I agree totally with Andrew here.

And I would suggest to the original poster that if he doesn't want a strict reproduction of a wartime jacket by the likes of ELC but something more "civilianised" then perhaps one of Cirrus' Irvin/B-3 inspired jackets may not only be cheaper but possibly even more durable and fit the bill. They offer quite a range from sheepskin jackets to 3/4 and full length coats:

http://www.flyingjacket.com/cirrussheepskinf.html

mimaximax

New in Town
It might be a mistake, but I love that jacket. If I get the chance to have it, I'll buy it. I'm quite excited and I don't think I'll regret it. Time will tell.

mimaximax

New in Town
captaincaveman1 said:
So what's the hold up... Burberry doesn't have them in stock?

Not anymore and won't make any again (for men at least). The jacket in size 50 I may have this week, is the only one remaining in Europe. The item was disabled from american and european websites about a month ago.

mimaximax

New in Town
There are still customers being in waiting lists for this garment ; waiting (praying ?) for the right size being returned somewhere.

This jacket is from the Prorsum line, so from the beginning it was very limited and very exclusive.

mimaximax

New in Town
Finally, the jacket is mine ! It really is a piece of art. I showed it to my shoe maker and he was actually impressed by the look and the overall quality of the skin and fur. Straps, zips, buckles, collars, stitches, etc, every detail look awesome. I'll post pics soon. :)

mimaximax

New in Town
I don't know if you could be interested, but here is a (poor) picture with me wearing the jacket.

And an other picture of the jacket presented in an artistic way :

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
It looks good! Yes, I've been waiting to see when you might post it here. Thank you for doing that, I was wondering what it would actually look like worn by a customer.

JollyGreenSlugg

New in Town
It's only my opinion (and we know what opinions are like!), but I find that jacket to be almost hideous. Too 'fussy', and a bit 'try-hardish'.

All completely subjective, of course, but I wouldn't wear it if it was given to me for free.

Cheers,
Matt

It's only my opinion (and we know what opinions are like!), but I find that jacket to be almost hideous. Too 'fussy', and a bit 'try-hardish'.

All completely subjective, of course, but I wouldn't wear it if it was given to me for free.

Cheers,
Matt

I'm with you. It's trying too hard to be cool...

Panacheman

Familiar Face
Mimaximax the jacket looks great and appears to fit you well. if you like it and it fits your style I see nothing wrong with it. Just curious hows the leather on it? One way or another you've got a quality piece there enjoy it and the burnishments that age will bring to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider