Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this A-2 too big for me?

How does this A-2 Jacket fit as shown in the picture?

• Too Large

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • Just Right

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Too Small

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bob Harley

New in Town
2jexxz9.jpg
[/IMG]
2jexxz9.jpg
30u8vo0.jpg

Hi i'm pretty new to leather jackets (this is my first one), and I was wondering how the size is on this a-2 jacket? I feel like it is a little too big for me, and i want to trade it in for one size smaller. Thank-you for your help!

Jaime

One of the Regulars
It has good fit in the arms and length (not really in the shoulders), the problem in my opinion is the cut itself. The jacket looks your size, but the cut is so baggy that it feels bigger.

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
The sleeve and body length look good, but it is too wide for you. Maybe about 2 sizes too wide. I know people will have different opinions about historical fit versus modern fit, but even current G-1s and A-2s still fit a bit tight. The jackets issued to me all were slim fitting along with all the aircrew folks that wore G-1s and CWU 36/45s. Since the G-1 has a bi-swing back, it is a little more forgiving in the shoulder area when reaching out away from the body than the A-2.

Bob Harley

New in Town
Alright, thank-you for your replies! I will definitely trade it in for a smaller size, or if i can get a refund I might try to go with a different brand like US Wings (my budget is only about $300).

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The A-2 is one of the hardest jackets to get the fit right on. I have purchased four now and I missed the bullseye every time! Either too long or too short, too loose or too tight...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I prefer my jackets a little roomy but the cut of that company's jacket is not flattering. Many good flight jackets new and used to be found for a bargain. Any questions you have post them here and we'll gladly help to find you something worthwhile.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Definitely too large... Length is good, but it is far too baggy.

I can't help but think that you can probably get a better jacket for your money... This has a definite mall jacket vibe to it.
Baggy cut, droopy shoulders, shinny vinyl like leather, 5 piece back instead of 1, wrong collar, wavy stitching, it just screams "cheap chinese made"

I would send it back and look for something else, for 300$ you could get a much nicer jacket.

Last edited:

Bob Harley

New in Town
Thank-you for the responses everyone! After reading them I think I will try to find a higher quality jacket all together. I'm interested in A-2s and G-1s, but under or around $300. I'm a size 40 and 5'11" tall, any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Hypoxic

One of the Regulars
Just an FYI, I've found that the US Wings jackets can fit a little too baggy as well, at least that's been my experience with them. Try to aim a little higher than their bargain deals if you go that route, or just save up a little bit longer and get something you know will fit good. Sometimes the extra wait is totally worth it when you slip into something of quality. Gibson and Barnes is about $150 over your budget but the difference in product is night and day in my opinion; just something to consider in your quest. I've walked down this exact same road and burned up a lot of $$ learning my lesson. Do it right the first time and you'll have the jacket you love for a long time. I had to bite the bullet and save up a while for my G-1 and regret nothing about my purchase. ;-)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think what you have there is a jacket that is worth $99... I also think that's the first time I've seen a five panel back on an A-2-style. Get a refund and give yourself a bit of saving time - I'm sure you'll be able to get something in the sale, but it's also worth having a trawl through eBay - all of these come in well under the $300 mark.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibson-Ba...295870?hash=item43f374537e:g:N1UAAOSw6n5XtN5P
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...t.TRS0&_nkw=Avirex+flight+jacket&_sacat=11450

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21