Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this A-2 too big for me?

How does this A-2 Jacket fit as shown in the picture?

• Too Large

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • Just Right

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Too Small

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Take your time and find a steal for your $300 or better yet save up another $100 or 2 and find a steal for $500! I know many are addicted to A2's (or G1's) but if you get the right fit and quality the first or second jacket in you are very lucky. So chill and the deal will come! your size is very common.

I'm no expert on this type of jacket at all but it seems that jacket would be almost impossible to be an ideal fit for anyone. It's just not cut right. As others have said You can apply that $300 elsewhere and get much better fit and construction!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Its now your community as well.

My god. When I joined this place I was as naive as could be. Had no concept of size whatsoever. Thought 3 sizes up looked fine. Then, and it's a process, I got wise, attributed to the fine folks here. Thank you for having the guts to put yourself out there. It may seem like an onslaught of disapproval, but trust me, the negative votes are simply arrows propelled by frustration with whatever schmuck came up with that pattern. There are so many good jackets out there to be had for not much more, be it vintage, new, or used. It's a learning process, and will always be. Members can seem a little harsh, but in reality, all good folks happy to help. Even the guys who are intimidating with their fortress of knowledge. Your next jacket will be much better.

Gromulus

Practically Family
I suggest the "Starting Strength" series and lots of protein powder supplementation. Along with good genetics and lots of hard cord gym time this jacket may fit in a couple years!

Seriously, you can do better with other brands.

Good luck!

@nick123 - same here! I had a bit more weight on me, but my closet was filled with mediocre (by my standards today) jackets that were (again, based on my current weight/taste) huge. 3XL, 52, etc. Now I'm a 48, and if I had one made today, it might be more close to 47. But the looks are what really get me now. It was such a 90's "balloon" look I was used to. You can still have a larger jacket for layering, but the cut is the thing. Those jackets were all designed for guys who drink way to much beer, eat way too much BBQ, and don't care. No offense. I was one. Trying to keep from going back as I always do this time of year :)

IXL

One Too Many
@nick123 - same here! I had a bit more weight on me, but my closet was filled with mediocre (by my standards today) jackets that were (again, based on my current weight/taste) huge. 3XL, 52, etc. Now I'm a 48, and if I had one made today, it might be more close to 47. But the looks are what really get me now. It was such a 90's "balloon" look I was used to. You can still have a larger jacket for layering, but the cut is the thing. Those jackets were all designed for guys who drink way to much beer, eat way too much BBQ, and don't care. No offense. I was one. Trying to keep from going back as I always do this time of year :)

There is no such thing as "way too much BBQ."

Bob Harley

New in Town
Hey guys, just though i'd let you know I bought this Brill Bros G-1! (scroll down the ebay page to see the pictures) Good buy or bad buy?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Hey guys, just though i'd let you know I bought this Brill Bros G-1! (scroll down the ebay page to see the pictures) Good buy or bad buy?

C-series?? Pretty sure that's a good buy! The difference will be night and day. I'll be sure to stay outside of a ten foot radius of your grin when you get it.

John_Z

Familiar Face
2jexxz9.jpg
[/IMG]
2jexxz9.jpg
30u8vo0.jpg

Hi i'm pretty new to leather jackets (this is my first one), and I was wondering how the size is on this a-2 jacket? I feel like it is a little too big for me, and i want to trade it in for one size smaller. Thank-you for your help!
Yes

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If this fits you well then I think it was a good buy. From the jacket label it looks to be a 1971 D series jacket. The knits look like they are in great shape so the jacket is ready to be worn. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff