• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Is this the best pea coat you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Nick N, May 10, 2012.

1. Nick N

Nick N New in Town

Hi Guys,

I think I've found the best pea coat I've ever seen...it's from J Crew's 2011 Fall Collection.

You can see it at: http://www.peacoatcoat.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=155444445

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

I've only seen it on the internet, I guess I won't find any left in any stores now, so I'll be trying to buy one online! :)

2. If it's okay for you: fine. For me: no.
  3. Original ones look much better in my opinion!

4. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

Too slim in my opinion. I think pea coats should fit a little looser than that. If you like it though, then go ahead and buy it. It's a certain style, but it's not for me.
  5. shaniataiwan

shaniataiwan Banned

looks ok
  6. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage One Too Many

I think it's better to buy a new Sterlingwear coat or a vintage coat. Both will fit much bigger, but when you hit middle age you'll be glad you bought the roomier coat since you'll still be able to wear it and it will seem like even better value when you get 20 or 30 years of wear from it rather than 5 or 10 years.

And let's get one thing straight: EVERYONE gains weight when they hit middle age!
  7. It's an ad. Spam spam spam.
  8. Sir Jacket

Sir Jacket Practically Family

Does sound suspiciously like the work of a paid blogger/message board contributor to me.

9. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 I'll Lock Up

Not being a P-Coat aficionado, I'll say I don't like it. As others have said, there's a way it should look, even though I don't wear one, and that ain't it. My 2ยข only.
  10. Much better picture of yourself in your avatar, Butte! Doesn't look so serious.
  11. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 I'll Lock Up

lol a rare moment...But thanks.
  12. On second thought, I guess it's not spam. Sorry, Nick.
  13. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 I'll Lock Up

Yeah, this is one of these threads that appears as spam, so likely why you got rated low. There's an MO on these, and it kinda fit the mold...
  14. Saint-Just

Saint-Just One of the Regulars

It is still a rather ordinary peacoat from the look of it. The answer to the original question is a resounding "no" as far as I am concerned.
  15. ButteMT61

ButteMT61 I'll Lock Up

X2. My answer is still the same :)
  16. feltfan

feltfan Call Me a Cab

oops, apologies.
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  17. Peacoat

Peacoat Call Me a Cab

It isn't spam; Nick is just looking for the perfect peacoat. I don't think he is too enthralled with the issue pea coats, either current or vintage.
  18. Hey..lay off Nick..will ya!
    Mine's not an issue or vintage...but Banana Republic..and I do like it anyhow.

19. Nick N

Nick N New in Town

I just want to say thanks to Peacoat and HoosierDaddy!

Peacoat is exactly right, I am looking for the perfect pea coat.

I think the issue pea coats are absolutely great, but am also interested to find out about non-issue coat makers who can match (or come close to matching) their high quality.
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  20. Nick N

Nick N New in Town

No problem!