Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian shoes

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All of a sudden --don't ask me why-- I've got it in my head that a nice pair of Italian shoes are in my future. It is funny because I don't know the slightest thing about Italian shoes. Please educate me. Any brands I should look for? Any tips? Price range? I'm assuming I'll just browse the higher end shoe stores on the main shopping boulevard here in Vienna. Or is that a hopelessly misguided game plan? Thanks!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Price range is important to start with. If you need them to be brand new, then you will pay for top quality. Santoni is my favorite Italian mainstream maker. The problem is that the quality (and styling) varies a LOT from line to line. The top line, "Limited Edition" is sublime and among the best ready-to-wear shoes in the world... but retail for over $2k. The Santoni Goodyear line is excellent, and you can get them new for around $1k. If you can do with some used (but excellent condition) pairs, I can certainly help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto