Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jack Vettrianno - artist.

The Lark

One of the Regulars
Anyone else a fan of work by Jack Vettriano?

He's always painting vintage imagery. Very saucy. All class.

Jack-Vettriano-The-road-to-nowhere-205693.jpg

TheGameofLife.jpg

15_bw20298~_jack-vettriano_bluebird-at-bonneville.jpg

_39626045_vettriano203x250.jpg

night-in-the-city-by-jack-vettriano.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like him.

Sadly, too many *snobs* in the art world criticise this working class Glaswegian without a formal art training background [huh] But that goes with the territory, and anyway in such circles...the public have voted with their wallets and Jack's lauging all the way to the bank - so good on you Jack! And I love your vintage inspired pictures!!

Smuterella

One Too Many
some of its a bit formulaic but I like the recent fetish stuff. the hair as always a bit 80's though for it to really look vintage to me.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Accomplished, but chintzy " comes to mind perhaps I have seen it on too many greeting cards, posters,coffee mugs, fridge magnets, T - shirts,Stubbie holders, probably "Laughing all the way to the Bank" he has hit on a money making formula, production line style. Its rather the sort of thing you see in Bars and Coffee shops"

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Bonneville Salt Flats

Growing up with and being always aware of Donald Campbell's speed mania as a child I have always liked this one at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.

The movie "The Indian" captures this as well.

15_bw20298~_jack-vettriano_bluebird-at-bonneville.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Accomplished, but chintzy " comes to mind perhaps I have seen it on too many greeting cards, posters,coffee mugs, fridge magnets, T - shirts,Stubbie holders, probably "Laughing all the way to the Bank" he has hit on a money making formula, production line style. Its rather the sort of thing you see in Bars and Coffee shops"

I don't think that matters much...if I do see his art on a mug, it still makes me smile..:D

astrang1

New in Town
Hello,
I love Vettriano although my preference is for his lesser known paintings rather than the Singing Butler and ones like that. I find it incredible that he is probably the most successful artist Scotland has ever produced yet the National Gallery refuses to show his work.
Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko