Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jack Vettriano

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I was just idling around with not much to do and so I decided to gather a few paintings by Jack Vettriano and post them here. I absolutely love his stuff and it fits in rather well here. Can't say how surprised I was when I found out that he was born in Scotland in 1954.

Painting-Jack-Vettriano.jpg

jack_vettriano_heartbreak_hotel.jpg

Betwwn+Darkness+and+Dawn.jpg

jack_vettriano-wallpaper-002-1024.jpg

jack_vettriano-wallpaper-007-1024.jpg

jack_vettriano-wallpaper-008-1024.jpg

jack_vettriano-wallpaper-010-1024.jpg

jack_vettriano-wallpaper-011-1024.jpg

JackVettriano-CafeDays-NC.jpg

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
Yes, I really like his work too . Sad that the establishment art snobs look down their noses at him. Seems to be the modern rule that if normal people like and enjoy a painting it can't be any good!

adouglasmhor

Familiar Face
I can't imagine why you were surprised at him being Scottish and born in 1954. Did you think all our names started with M ;)

I used to live not that far from where you are - My GFs flat was in Steinmetzstraße at the top of Schöneberg.

Jack-Vettriano-The-Road-to-Nowhere-69228.jpg

djd

Practically Family
There are a lot of people of Italian descent in Scotland . As far as I remember Vetriano was his mothers maiden name and not jacks birth name

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I can't imagine why you were surprised at him being Scottish and born in 1954. Did you think all our names started with M ;)

Of course. And you're all wearing funny skirts while making scary noises on dead animals (I never figured if that was before or after the haggis part...). Oops! Did I just say that? ;) :D

No, really. I always thought of Mr. Vettriano as being American and somewhat older. Go figure.

I used to live not that far from where you are - My GFs flat was in Steinmetzstraße at the top of Schöneberg.

Yes, that's not too far away. How long did you live here?

Mario

I'll Lock Up
4 months a year for 2 years then a full year. I also lived at the Olympic stadium for 2 months.

Anyway everyone knows Dudelsac are a German invention, we just perfected it.

Someone once said about the Irish farmers that they make use of the whole hog with the exception of the grunt. I think that's wrong. They actually use the grunt in their uilleann pipes... :D

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
I like that one too! There's another one I really like with a guy in shirt sleeves standing in front of a little blue sports car

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Mario - I was trying to find a larger sized one but to no avail! My Mum has this print on her wall at home - I just love the colours and the painting looks "finished" - I find some of Vettriano's work sometimes looks a little unfinished - sometimes like someone else painted it.....

djd

Practically Family
Marion- thanks that's the one :)

Miss Golightly - I know what you mean. Some of them look rather more scetchy. I too prefer the more refined paintings. I have to say that having bought a couple of his books of paintings I was quite surprised at how many there were with S&M themes! You don't see THEM on the greetings cards! Lol

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Miss Golightly - I know what you mean. Some of them look rather more scetchy. I too prefer the more refined paintings. I have to say that having bought a couple of his books of paintings I was quite surprised at how many there were with S&M themes! You don't see THEM on the greetings cards! Lol

I know! I Googled him to find the bluebird painting and came across some of the rather more *ahem* racy ones - hadn't seen too many of them before - well not in Athena anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points