Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackets in Perth western Australia

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Downunder G man , G'day ( Hi! ) first post from Perth western Australia

My first time post ( long time "lurker" ) , so bear with me a little.

I'm a bit of a "leather jacket fiend" , and found the Fedora lounge in my interweb searching.

My jacket collection is smaller than many here , but probably HUGE to others.

I still have every leather jacket ( just about ) that I have ever bought in my 58 years.

I'll need to list 'em . Starting by year purchased.

TT Leathers Isle of Man bespoke racing 2 piece , ( for some skinny barsteward !) 1984
Hein Gericke German police motorcycle jacket , black, 1984

Eastman Luftwaffe "Fleigerjacke" in Black Horse 44 chest , 1990
Eastman "copy" made in Black goat here in Perth WA 1997
Eastman Luftwaffe "Fliegerjacke" in Black Horse , 44 chest , new in 2015
"Hartmann Luftwaffe" , Brown Goat/Tartan lining, Singapore made 2015

Walden Miller steerhide "Brando" jacket , 46 , Australian made 1998

Schott leather 140 peacoat , Black in 44 chest 2014
Schott 641 HH café Horsehide , Black 44 chest 2015
Schott 641 Steerhide café , Black 44 , zip out lining 2016
Schott 654 café in "naked" steer , Black Cherry , size XL 2017
Schott 624 "Police" in heavy steer , brand new NOS ( made 1993) unworn , 2015
( I have yet to wear this jacket , it kinda begs to be "kept NOS" !)

Now that's all typed up , I realise I really am a "jacket tragic" !
In my "defence" , I ride Harleys here as my main transport , and I wear a different jacket every day , often more than 1 in a day if I'm in and out.
Some of the jackets are way "warmer" than others , in the summer heat is the worry , more so than cold in our "winter". ( It's not "cold" but it can be wet, no Harleys then !)

I'm unsure of how to post photos in this forum as of yet , but I'm sure I'll work it out.
I'm a long time member of US and Australian based Harley forums.

Last edited:

robrinay

One Too Many
Welcome to the asylum! You're amongst friends -there are plenty here with similar tastes to yours and similar sized collections. I've got around the same number - it fluctuates. At around thirteen or fourteen leather jackets I found it more difficult to find styles I wanted so I solved that problem by branching out into denim and nylon.

Last edited:

BobJ

Practically Family
Welcome! As far as posting photos, I believe you have to post ten times. Easy and quick to get if you look around and try. Looking forward to those photos. What kind of Harley do you ride?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Thanks robinray mate for the reply !

Denim ? I'm a Levi "501" guy , but also Levi 604 ( made in Australia up until the very late 90's !) I still buy them up on Aussie eBay when they appear in 36 waist. Perfect fit on me.

I also have Wrangler dark blue "cowboy" shrink to fits. Levi 501's in many colours ( sorry 'colors" haha ! Beige/Brown/Black etc for work )

Last edited:

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
BobJ , thanks for the reply mate.

I have 2 Harleys at the moment , a 2008 CVO Springer with the 110 cube motor , AND a 2013 CVO Breakout , again 110 motor. I don't actually have a car at the moment !

BUT my wife does , 3 actually , and I'll scam one of those in wet weather which is OFTEN at this time of year for us.

Do you ride yourself ?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hi and welcome from England(thats where I live) or the UK as some like to say. Nowt wrong with Harley's, and thats from a Hayabusa rider ;)

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Rocketeer , thanks mate.

I used to have a go at 750 Production racing , BM ( before marriage haha !) Hayabusa waaay too fast for me now.

To quote Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry.."A man's got to know his limitations" , I don't have any and would do 270+ K's if it were available to me !

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi G Man, there are getting to be quite a few of us Aussie here now.

Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing some pic of your impressive collection when you get a chance.

Hello G Man. Sounds like you've got the kid of illness many around here share. Welcome aboard!
there are getting to be quite a few of us Aussie here now.
Do you think Ozzy man will ever do a TFL commentary titled "Me review of these leather jacket dickheads" I would be honored to be featured. I seriously narrate half my day in his voice inside my head. He does endorse jacket wearing in this video:

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
G'Day D.G.M,

Greetings!!! Like your style...less leathers than you..more Eastmans than you :) including 'Hartmann' & 'Luftwaffe'.

Proud owner of two scooters: Old School Vespa & a Yamaha T-Max..love a Harley though :)

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Sir Jacket

Indeed I see how you may think that. Jacket and T shirt most of the time , no "layering" required.

8C overnight tonight for example , maybe a max of 22C this week. Not as "cold" as the UK or parts of the US but you still "need" a jacket !

I spent May of last year in Scotland , wore my newer Eastman Fliegerjacke EVERY day ! ( Only took one jacket with me ) Not quite as good weather as here in May !

On those 35C + days we get many of in Perth Australia , yes it's too hot for a leather jacket so it's Levi jackets or Denim Shirts , gotta keep that sun off my Celtic skin !

BobJ

Practically Family
BobJ , thanks for the reply mate.

I have 2 Harleys at the moment , a 2008 CVO Springer with the 110 cube motor , AND a 2013 CVO Breakout , again 110 motor. I don't actually have a car at the moment !

BUT my wife does , 3 actually , and I'll scam one of those in wet weather which is OFTEN at this time of year for us.

Do you ride yourself ?

Nice rides! Screaming Eagle motors... I can tell you are not the kind of guy who likes to take his bikes out for a walk! ;)

I do ride, but don't have one at the moment.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Bit of an update from Perth Western Australia.

I have sold my Schott 624 Police "NOS" jacket , went to Sydney in the east

Also my Schott 654 Naked café racer in Black Cherry , went to a good mate who loved it first time he saw me wearing it

AND my Aero Highwayman , sold that to a Finn ( from Finland !) , now resident in Melbourne Victoria these last 20 years.

basically I just had too many , probably still do if you were to ask " the boss".....

To rebalance that equation , my Schott 441 PP Steerhide collared café racer in black ( Japanese market from 1992 ) has arrived from the UK.

There's a whole new thread on that started. Today it's my "favourite' , we'll see what tomorrow brings haha..

I can now post photos to the forum , will do so soon for my "WA collection"

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Fit pics , Luftwaffe by Eastman , Black Horsehide , 2 years old
Eastman Luftwaffe resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points