Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jim Buchanan and A2 Jacket Patches

Hey guys, my first post here at TFL, what better place than this thread considering it is my life work. My occupation and recreation all at the same time. I've done thousands of Squadron Patches over the last decade but here's a few of my favorites.

Here are some of my favorite patches I've done... all done with brushes, aged and weathered...

714th B.S. #5.jpg
714th Bomb Squadron
758th B.S. eBay #1.jpg
758th Bomb Squadron
23rd B.S. eBay #1.jpg
23rd Bomb Squadron
731st B.S. remake.jpg
731st Bomb Squadron
004.jpg
603rd Bomb Squadron
11th B.S. Mr. Jiggs.jpg
11th Bomb Squadron "Mr. Jiggs"
302nd F.S. aged #1.jpg
302nd Fighter Squadron "Tuskegee Airmen"
006-3_zps739693d2.jpg
93rd Bomb Squadron
015-1_zps7887af86.jpg
47th Bomb Squadron... My Avatar!
023_zpsff5ec174.jpg
72nd Fighter Squadron
010-1_zpsc206721d.jpg
VF-132 USS Princeton

Jim

Already posted a picture of this patch but just finished this one. I thought it was worth tossing up here again because of the super nice grain of the leather. It prompted me to do an extra careful patina and the grain really makes it stand out. This is the look that drives me wild about theater made patches.

Please, all be advised that any and all patches in this thread are not available for sale and are long gone.

If and when I decide to offer something for sale it will most certainly be offered here in Merchants section as per the rules. I have found that over many years, forums like this are better utilized for conversation and sharing interests as opposed to aggressive sales tactics. Simply not worth the effort considering the minimal sales that a forum generates. My for sale items are where they need to be on an auction site. And besides, can't remember the last time I had to push a sale.

All I was doing is showing some of my favorite creations in a thread about Squadron Patches. My intentions are to point out certain details like my most recent post of the 47th Bomb Squadron and the nice grain to the leather. I planned to offer a little demonstration as to the process involved with adding the artificial patina. These patches were picked out of my photo archives because they came out exceptionally well and are no longer for sale. Every piece that I do is an individual and from the heart, so I find it rather disheartening that it was just tossed in here as if just another commercial sample up for sale.

You may find similar patches in my ebay store if you choose to seek them out, but honestly, my purpose in this thread was to share my passion for theater made insignia and elaborate on the specific details that interest me. The methods of construction in each individual Theater of Operations, correct materials, placement of insignia, etc. were all future topics I intended to touch on in this thread as it progressed. So if by chance you see similar threads from me outside of merchants concerning jacket insignia, please don't assume that I'm trying to sell you something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot