Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny Depp in talks to Play The Thin Man

RBH

Bartender
thinman.jpg

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
OK I could have lived without Alice and Willy Wonka. Both were waaaaay too creepy in a bad touching kinda way....yuck! But JD has also brought his A game to many other movies.

In the first place he has a great likeness to Nick. He is of coarse one of the top box office draws. He can seriously act his a$$ off and also shed new light on a favorite and loveable character. However I seriously think it's going to be up to the writers to give him the ammunition to bring the character to life!

And just as important, you will need someone to play an excellent Nora! And by saying that I'm talking about someone who will not play second fiddle, but rather have an equal footing so the banter will perfect. Otherwise it'll be just be a Johnny Depp movie with other actors to make him look good.

BTW: I also loved Sleepy Hollow! I think that's one of the movies that really allowed him to play an excellent character and set him up for the types of roles he's playing now!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Ok,...since no one is nominating anyone, I hereby cast Hilary Swank in the role of Nora. So let it be written, so let it be done.

She's a bit too masculine for my tastes. I've never seen her look pretty at all. Granted, I've also not seen everything she's worked on. Nor do I have a better suggestion yet, so really I'm no help at all. :p

Feraud

Bartender
Perhaps Depp is better suited for the role of Tonto than Nick Charles?
It seems The Lone Ranger is kaput..
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the abrupt move to kill a project that was set to begin shooting in the fall comes amid clashes with producer Jerry Bruckheimer over the budget for the tentpole, which was scheduled to be released in December 2012. A Disney spokesman did not return calls.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/johnny-depps-lone-ranger-shut-222777

TCMfan25

Practically Family
After I witnessed the horror of the remake of "Psycho" (no pun intended :p), I think classics like "The Thin Man" should not be redone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ