Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers custom 1930 Levi reproduction

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan of Johnson Leather had this levi reproduction made for me from pictures I email to him. The process included a test fit jacket made from wool. Time from order to delivery about two months.

005.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg 012.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Nick I like the jacket you posted in the classifieds arms are too long for me

Thanks. But truly, yours is a special one. Perfect fit. Brace yourself for the compliments you're about to receive. We'll be at page 10 by the end of the day. :)

ProteinNerd

Really, really nice jacket and what a perfect fit.

I don't understand why Alan doesn't update his website and show what he is capable of, then again, maybe he is busy enough as it is....

jonbuilder

I believe the fit is one of the primary points of Johnson Lathers' custom fit service with a mock test jacket to dial the fit in. Alan started by having me try on some already made jackets and making notes and taking my comments. 100 percent easier when one can go into the store for the fitting process.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm on of JL's biggest fans. I envy you being close enough to go in. I actually flew up to San Francisco to have my first jacket fitted. I did the second only by emails and, although it was nailed in the end, there were certainly a lot more twists and turns along the way. P.S. Congrats on the jacket. I hope you live a long time and will enjoy it for eons to come.

devilish

A-List Customer
That is bloody nice jacket! I might have to go into JL and see how much a brown version of that would be. It's pretty much bang on what I've been after in a civvy jacket for awhile now.

Damo

A-List Customer
Man that's one sweet jacket. Congrats, I keep seeing more and more people getting jackets made from the over dye leather.

pawineguy

One Too Many
One of the important details that he really nails is the starting point of the front zipper. Older cross-zip jackets (like the Langlitz Cascade) do not start the zipper at the center point of the jacket, they actually start offset just to the right (of the wearer), and thus the zipper ends up not quite as severely angled. I think it makes the jacket look more elegant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk