Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just go my first Aero....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Interesting feeling. I've been hearing and reading about this company and it's product, for over a year now and finally I get my hands on one. Don't quite know what to feel or what to say, "Dr. Horween I persume?" Well, here's my first impressions. For starters I scored the following:

Aero Long Half Belt, Size 52 in "Tumbled FQHH" off the Aero "Sale Page". Supposedly the collar had to be changed due to a needle scrape and the new one wobbles a bit stitch wise.

In addition to this flaw theres just a cotton drill interior, no alpaca, and I didn't even get a leather pull for my zipper (now I know how necessary those damn things are) which I'll ask Holly for next year sometime.

My observations (pics to follow next week) are as such:

1. I'm mildly allergic to the fumes put out by a fresh Horween HH Aero Product. I had to get my inhaler in order to keep from having a full blown asthma attack.

2. Hide, even after having been "tumbled" is thick and stiff. Yes it stood on it own out of the box.

3. Jacket is beautiful as all hell.

4. I love storm cuffs in the winter.

5. Put the jacket on the back porch last night in order to get the stench out of the house.

6. Pulled it in this morning and it as stiff as a carp. BUT I still wore it to work anywho!!

7. Jacket fits well despite being "off the rack".

8. The "breaking in" process has already begun.

I'll post pics and updates as the days go by.

Worf

wdw

One Too Many
Looking forward to seeing it in action.

The cotton drill probably makes it usable for that bit longer. I chose not to have alpaca in mine.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Glad to hear that the jacket fits well, and looking forward to fit pics. I'm guessing it's this one.

77150c084c8bf117_S2096-front-500.jpg

I'm not a great fan of the Alpaca lining, as I destroy it in a very short order. That's why I got cotton drill in my last jacket.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the next Aero. :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Looks ace. I notice the leather pull is absent in the photo too. I was surprised when I saw how small the zips are - too used to the modern chunky types - so you're absolutely right about needing the pull.

tonypaj

Practically Family
You can cut a pull out of anything. Old leather shoelaces, any piece of leather, or if you're picky, ask for a sample of the leather from Aero, or ask a pull made of the same leather. They'll probably send it for free...

Cooperson

One Too Many
Never heard of new horsehide having a stench! I loved the smell of my heavy horse Highwayman when it first came in the house - wonder if they use a different tanning method for the Tumbled hide?

Looking forward to the pics!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Be sure to post pictures of your wearing the LHB. Thus far my jackets have all been 1-2 " below the belt, and the possibility of a jacket a bit longer in the body is intriguing. If you left the jacket out in the cold last night, I'll bet it was stiff as plywood. I think that you should consider wearing it to bed with you tonight, heh-heh.

Looks good Worf.
Never had a strong offensive odor from an Aero jacket. Something ain't normal.
Just email Holly for the leather pull. She should stick one in an envelope and mail one out. Ken sent me a couple years ago for the asking.
HD

tonypaj

Practically Family
Never heard of new horsehide having a stench! I loved the smell of my heavy horse Highwayman when it first came in the house - wonder if they use a different tanning method for the Tumbled hide?

Looking forward to the pics!

To me the tumbled hide smells the same as the regular FQHH. I have no clue about the tanning methods, though...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Glad to hear that the jacket fits well, and looking forward to fit pics. I'm guessing it's this one.

77150c084c8bf117_S2096-front-500.jpg

I'm not a great fan of the Alpaca lining, as I destroy it in a very short order. That's why I got cotton drill in my last jacket.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the next Aero. :)

Thanks for posting her picture "G"! You're the man. And yes I'll be posting much the same about my "next" Aero. That'll be even MORE interesting.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the love guys. Soon as Puddin' get's home I'll "enlist" her to take a few pics shouldn't be more'n a couple of hours from now.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points