Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just go my first Aero....

JLStorm

Practically Family
I have to agree with everyone else, it really does look like a custom cut jacket. Fits extremely well and the color is outstanding. Getting it on sale is icing on the cake!

schitzo

Suspended
if I had my way I'd would've skiped the cargo and just went with the cleaner lines of the hand warmers which are handy for storing gloves, keys and alike during the winter weather.

Worf

I've heard Fanch talk about 'cleaner lines' too on this subject, but in my mind surely the cargo pockets are more secure, no? Yes, my keys or change etc have so far never fallen out of a handwarmer pocket but I can't help feeling that a jacket with close down cargo pockets would be more practical

Graemsay

Practically Family
Looking good there Worf. :)

Schitzo, on my last Aero I had zippers added to the handwarmer pockets. That makes them secure, stops them from gaping with wear, and doesn't make much of a difference to the look of the jacket.

schitzo

Suspended
Schitzo, on my last Aero I had zippers added to the handwarmer pockets. That makes them secure, stops them from gaping with wear, and doesn't make much of a difference to the look of the jacket.

Graemsay, like a lot of good ideas that now seems so obvious! Why didn't I think of that

Graemsay

Practically Family
Glad to be of service. :)

I seem to be posting this picture every five minutes these days, but you can see the zipper on the handwarmer pockets. Like I said, they're not particularly noticeable.

Cossack Front.jpg

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hey Worf.....if he starts giving you any lip, just smack him around some; he looks pretty tough! Speaking of lip, I'm likin' your photo on the wall of the Louisville Lip standing over Sonny tellin' him to..."get up, I got some more for you!"

Regards,
coffee

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey Worf.....if he starts giving you any lip, just smack him around some; he looks pretty tough! Speaking of lip, I'm likin' your photo on the wall of the Louisville Lip standing over Sonny tellin' him to..."get up, I got some more for you!"

Regards,
coffee

"My what a sharp sharp eyes you have Gan'Pa!"

"All the better to see's you wit' Mah Dear... Ah how how how...."

You're too sharp for me Mr. Coffee. In addition to the photo of "Da Greatest" I also have the Daily News headline detailing the death of Sugar Ray (the ONLY one as far as I'm concerned) Robinson. I used to be quite the boxing fan, having lived through the entire "Silver Age" of the Sweet Science from the mid 60's through the mid 80's.

And as for you.. Sir Hoosier of Daddy, yeth the Jacket comes off, too stiff to sleep in along with some other unmentionables dat won't be ahh... mentioned!

Worf

And as for you.. Sir Hoosier of Daddy, yeth the Jacket comes off, too stiff to sleep in along with some other unmentionables dat won't be ahh... mentioned!

Worf

Well..there are those here that not only sleep in them...but also shower in them too...but..I really don't want to bring Butte into this....:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
On Saturday I got a letter from Aero (with the new logo I might add) with a hand written note from Ken (yeah THAT Ken). In it he say's Holly mentioned to him I needed a leather pull for my Tumbled FQHH LHB. He apologiised for not having any tumbled HH with the "Aero" stencil but hoped those would suffice. Top notch service. I'd received some Tumbled FQHH from Fanch and cut myself one earlier in the week but I'll hold on to these for future use. He also sent me an "Aero Leathers" pin to boot. I just wish EVERY company I dealt with valued my trade as much as these folks. Thanks to all who sent leather and offered.

Very Thankfull in the New Year....

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
On Saturday I got a letter from Aero (with the new logo I might add) with a hand written note from Ken (yeah THAT Ken). In it he say's Holly mentioned to him I needed a leather pull for my Tumbled FQHH LHB. He apologiised for not having any tumbled HH with the "Aero" stencil but hoped those would suffice. Top notch service. I'd received some Tumbled FQHH from Fanch and cut myself one earlier in the week but I'll hold on to these for future use. He also sent me an "Aero Leathers" pin to boot. I just wish EVERY company I dealt with valued my trade as much as these folks. Thanks to all who sent leather and offered.

Very Thankfull in the New Year....

Worf

One for Aero fans. You're sharing tailors with proper Hollywood A-listers: http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/f...-stars-for-world-war-ii-blockbuster-1-2712574

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112